Risk Management Building Surveyor
A highly regarded latent defect Insurance Specialist has a key new opening to join them in their surveying division as an Insurance Building Surveyor focusing on the Scotland and Northern Ireland Regions working from a home base.
You will provide site inspections and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites focusing on latent defects.
- Inspecting homes being constructed and/or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers/Clients/Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
To be considered you must have extensive surveying experience within a similar insurance focused sector. You must be qualified TechRICS/ACIOB/CABE/LICWCI or similar with relevant BC, plan check, and site inspection experience or relevant Warranty experience, or a combination of both.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package working for a market leading employer.