1st Line Support Engineer
1st Line Support Engineer - Full Time Permanent - 22K.
I require a 1st Line Support Engineer for a role in Doncaster. The role involves providing 1st Line technical support as part of the Help Desk function. You will be working within a busy ICT team, supporting various end users.
I am looking for someone with a minimum of 1 years commercial Service Desk experience.
- Experience of working in a help desk role within a busy IS/IT function.
- Professional and polite telephone manner.
- Monitoring and prioritising support incidents and requests received via the IS support system (SYSAID), telephone or email from end users of the IT and communications systems infrastructure.
- Diagnosing, analysing, documenting and logging support activities.
- Ensuring completion of support activities (1st line support).
- Installing/configuring PCs and laptops as network clients, printers, desk Phones and Smart Phones.
- Setting up new network users, changing user passwords.
- Software installation, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Familiarity with general networking hardware.
- Knowledge of enterprise-wide virus.
- Ability to carry out basic network, PC software and hardware diagnostics.
- Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 7/10 operating system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and other Microsoft Windows server/cloud technologies.
- Providing support to 2nd line engineers as required.
- Valid full UK Driving Licence.
The role is 9-5pm and 20 Days Holiday entitlement, rising to maximum of 25 (one per year of service).
Please apply in writing in the first instance.