Information Support Officer Maternity Cover (Healthwatch Coventry)
Join our small Healthwatch Coventry team between Mid-January and Mid-November 2021, to provide maternity cover to support many aspects of our work to enable local people to have a say about NHS and social care services.
This post supports the ways local people are involved in Healthwatch Coventry, our information phone line for the public, recording of information that local people tell us and communication of what we are doing.
You will need:
- Experience of using a range of information systems and the ability to quickly learn how to use bespoke Healthwatch systems.
- Public facing customer service skills, actively listening to questions raised and responding with empathy
- Strong organisational and work planning skills for organising your own work and co-ordinating the diaries and activities of others
- The ability to work effectively with different people both inside Healthwatch and outside
- Attention to detail and very well developed Microsoft Excel skills.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Co-ordinating meetings and diaries
- Maintaining and using information systems
- Responding to external contacts and information enquires from the public
- Supporting communication channels such as newsletters/e-news, social media and web content
Full job description:
Meetings and diaries
- To organise meetings, including committee meetings, by communicating with attendees, setting up online meetings or booking venues, sending out meeting papers, and producing minutes
- To manage Healthwatch team diaries and the diary of the Healthwatch Chair and Chief Officer, scheduling and arranging meetings with multiple external organisations
- To support Healthwatch volunteers who attend meetings on behalf of Healthwatch Coventry to ensure thy have the information they need to take part and report back
- To undertake various forms of data entry for example of survey findings and logs of client contacts To maintain a number of recording systems; contact/mailing lists and Healthwatch membership records in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
- To add information into Healthwatch England online information systems as required
- To carry out bulk mailings, and bulk emailing’s using Mail Chimp
External contacts and information enquires from the public
- To act as the first point of contact for Healthwatch team dealing with email and phone enquiries
- To work with the Information and Communications Officer in responding to individuals who contact the Healthwatch information service via telephone, email, post or other means, about a wide range of health and care related enquiries Act as a point for day to day liaison with volunteers and make specific contact with volunteers as required
- Keep volunteer/volunteering records up to date
- To assist with the production of Healthwatch e-newsletters and paper newsletters and other information as needed
- To schedule and send newsletters/email updates to relevant mailing lists
- To support with updates to website content and social media content as required and working with other team members
- To oversee activities of admin volunteer(s)
- To assist in Healthwatch work to collect public feedback on NHS and social care services through outreach and other activities
- To be flexible and provide cover for other team members as required and carry out associated duties that may arise
- Abide by organisational policy, codes of conduct and practices
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Healthwatch data protection and safeguarding processes
- Keep up to date with Healthwatch England information and guidance
- To enact the values of Healthwatch and Voluntary Action Coventry
- To take responsibility for personal learning and development
Any previous convictions which would render the person unsuitable to work with vulnerable people or enter premises where vulnerable people are being cared for. This post is exempt under Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, and the successful candidate will be DBS checked prior to taking up the post.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note we do NOT accept CVs only a VAC application form.