Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner
Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner
Due to continued growth, Suttons Group are recruiting a Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner to be based in our Hull depot. This role will also be responsible for some of our operations in the North West.
The role requires someone who likes to get beneath the surface of the numbers and truly understand the moving parts which are driving results. The successful candidate needs to be someone who can not only perform detailed financial analysis, but also identify actions from this and work with management to make changes.
This is a key role within our rapidly growing business and it will have immediate and regular exposure to the Directors. As such, there is a very clear opportunity for someone to make a strong impression and progress their career within our business.
This role is responsible for producing financial analysis, financial models and forecasts to improve results and decision making within our specialist logistics business. It requires an individual with the confidence and experience to influence people and drive results within a multi-site operational environment.
The role will report into the Financial Controller, but other key stakeholders will be the Operations Director and Regional Directors who will be looking for this person to work closely alongside them to understand their numbers and drive results.
This role will require regular travel to our Head Office in Widnes, Cheshire (all fuel and travel costs for this are reimbursed).
- Develop an understanding of the commercial charging mechanisms for key customer accounts and use this knowledge to confirm that we are charging customers accurately and capturing all billing opportunities
- Perform regular profitability analysis on key customer accounts and identify actions to improve margins
- Identify changes to resource levels, how jobs are operated, labour cost controls etc. which will improve results
- Produce the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts for a number of our contracts/depots
- Produce the weekly flash P&L and monthly management accounts for a number of our contracts/depots
- Play a lead role in significant projects within the finance team – acquisitions, new contract wins, system changes etc.
- Conduct a review of each week’s results and make recommendations with regard to staffing, fleet and overheads, following up to ensure that these recommendations are actioned
- Forecasting and financial modelling to understand the impact of making certain changes to resource levels, commercial rates, how jobs are operated etc.
- Help to design and implement the processes to account for revenue and costs in relation to new contract wins or acquisitions
Established in 1926, Suttons Group is an innovative, global logistics business. Employing over 1,000 people worldwide and with £190 million in sales, our global network includes 31 locations across Asia, 5 locations throughout Europe, plus our 32 sites in the UK, 5 locations in the Middle East and 4 locations in the Americas. We have a fleet of 8,000 tank containers, 500 trucks, and 700 trailers. We carry out 170,000+ shipments per year - that equates to a delivery every 3 minutes!
In the UK, Suttons Road Tankers operates a nationwide road tanker fleet which has been successfully serving the fuels, gases, chemicals and food sectors for over 60 years, and is the largest chemical transporter in the UK.
- Qualified or part-qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountant or alternatively someone with several years of accounting experience
- Good Excel skills and used to analysing large amounts of data in spreadsheets
- A confident communicator who is able to challenge people and change behaviours within an operational environment
- Someone who can identify where processes aren’t working, can recommend new processes and help management to roll these out to operational staff
- Someone who likes to be hands-on rather than just sit behind a screen crunching numbers
In return, you will receive an attractive salary and you will also benefit from a company pension scheme, paid holidays (25 days + 8 bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, tech scheme and the opportunities that come with a strong, established and growing company.
In addition, Suttons provide every UK employee with access to Suttons Perks, our Employee Assistance Programme and reward platform. Suttons Perks provides discounts to 100s of top name brands, high street offers, and holidays, as well as employee wellbeing and support.
APPLY NOW to register your interest in this exciting position.
We hope to see you at Suttons.
Please note, all offers of employment are subject to valid Right to Work documentation, completion of a Basic DBS check and Drug and Alcohol screening prior to start.
Suttons Group is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
We are striving to attract, recruit and retain high calibre skilled staff which reflect our communities. We are an inclusive employer that trains and develops our staff in a positive learning environment.
Other organisations may call this role Qualified Accountant, Part-Qualified Accountant, Financial Manager, Finance Manager, or Finance BP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.