Here at Suttons Group, a long-standing and successful global logistics provider, we have the opportunity for a Planner to join our team based in Hull.
This role is responsible for creating a first-class transport plan to meet customer’s requirements. Transport plans should optimise available resources with regards to service, productivity and cost to ensure customers receive a great service in a cost-effective way.
You will need to communicate effectively with customers and ensure drivers’ understanding of their transport plan and the day-to-day completion of work. You’ll keep customers up to date with the status of their jobs and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
Our core values we all live by here at Suttons are:
- Safety First: Look after yourself, your colleagues and the public
- Customer Focus: Relentless pursuit of excellent customer service
- Personal Responsibility: Being rigorous, responsible and accountable
- Integrity: Being open, honest and fair
- Teamwork: Challenging and supporting each other to achieve common goals
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, along with 33 days’ holiday (25 + bank holidays).
- Continually review the daily plan to identify potential issues and proactively amend the resource allocation accordingly
- Proactive shift management and the ability to respond quickly to changing operational needs by making effective decisions based on the information available, and translate this into effective planning
- Liaising with internal transport operations and external customers to match demand with flexible resources
- Collaboration with colleagues in other depots to free up resources and co-ordinate activities to achieve a range of efficiency and revenue targets
- Management of delays/breakdowns, including the subsequent re-planning and communication with customers
- Working accurately and effectively with data from multiple systems including vendor managed inventory (VMI) telematics and customer demand forecasts
- GCSEs or equivalent
- Previous experience in a planning role
- Proven ability to plan multi-site operations
- Driver management experience
- Understanding of UK and EU driving regulations legislation
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Health & Safety management - IOSH / NEBOSH
- Experience in bulk transport sector
- CPC qualification
- Experience of systems, such as Manpack, Mandata, Microlise or Convey
- Understanding of LGV / ADR / PDP licence requirements
We’re looking to move quickly on this role, so please ensure you read the details below, have the relevant experience and complete the application process.
Please note, all offers of employment are subject to valid Right to Work documentation, completion of a Basic DBS check and Drug and Alcohol screening prior to start.
Suttons Group is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
We are striving to attract, recruit and retain high calibre skilled staff which reflect our communities. We are an inclusive employer that trains and develops our staff in a positive learning environment. We aim to be consciously inclusive and therefore applications from all sectors of the community are welcomed.
Other organisations may call this role Transport Planner, Route Planner, Transportation Planner, Logistics Controller, or Transport Planning Co-ordinator.
To apply for the role of Planner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.