Cat C Driver Days - Newmarket
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing; Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles.
Our Cat C Driver - Days at our Newmarket Depot is responsible for the safe and efficient driving of our Cat C vehicles from our Depots to other sites in our Network including Sub-Depots, Sortation Hubs and potentially client sites delivering or returning palletised and loose Parcels and Packages.
About the Role:
You'll report in to our Dayshift Manager, who will assign you the route that you will work across that night and which vehicle, the loads you will be transporting aren't individually heavy but you will be transporting up to 20,000 - 40,000 items at a time, so we need Drivers who understand the importance of what our Drivers do and how, without you, we can disappoint our customers.
Great communication skills are necessary as one of our Drivers as we understand that delays can happen on our roads through circumstances beyond your control, road accidents, over-running repairs. If you as one of our Drivers communicate those delays to us we can plan around them and make sure that you get the support you need through optimised route planning, sat navs and other tools.
You will work 40hrs per week and this role will include some weekend working on a rota basis.
- To ensure that the delivery vehicles are maintained at all times to Company standards in terms of reporting of any defects to the vehicle.
- Ensuring that the vehicles are driven safely, well presented and all procedures and legal regulations are adhered to e.g. FTA regulations
- Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct address.
- Completing assigned deliveries within time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues.
- Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals
- Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies.
- Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues
- Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day.
- Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items.
- Annual salary will be GBP23,206 (inclusive of allowances) this is equivalent to GBP11.12 per hour with overtime available at a premium rate.
- 24 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt-in benefits
We will contribute 3% into your pension, give you peace of mind through life assurance and also provide income protection cover. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we're sure we've got something for you. As well as great benefits we can also provide you with the opportunity to further your driving qualifications up to class 1 driver...... click apply for full job details