6 days left
- Part Time
GBP8.72 per hour plus benefits
20hrs pw - some weekend working
Hartwood House is a stunning 50 bedded residential, nursing and dementia care home located in Lyndhurst, Hampshire. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable part-time Kitchen Assistant to work with our Kitchen Team.
The Kitchen Assistant support all catering functions within the Cinnamon home and, alongside the Head Chef and other catering staff ensures that all kitchen services are efficient and that the required Health & Safety measures are adhered to within the department. The Kitchen Assistant assists with all the working areas within the homes kitchen. Responsibilities are not limited to, food preparation, washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen area.
- Support the Head Chef, Chef and other catering team members to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice at all times.
- Prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard, as directed by the Head Chef promptly and in accordance with agreed mealtimes.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Prepare special diet meals as needed and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Provide feedback to the Head Chef and Chef on complaints from residents or others on the functioning of the catering department. Address complaints promptly where possible and report them to the Head Chef or in the Head Chef's absence to the Chef.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems to minimise waste and ensure these are in place...... click apply for full job details