Project Cost Estimator
My client is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. As a result of investment activity, my client is seeking to enhance their in-house project delivery capability based in the Group Projects team based on sites in Gronau (Germany), Almelo (Netherlands), Capenhurst (UK), and Eunice (NM, USA). Group Projects is responsible for driving excellence in portfolio management, project management, project engineering management, estimating, project controls, procurement and contract management, and construction management. As a part of Group Projects you will join a pool of experts providing subject matter consulting, advice and direct delivery of strategically significant Client projects.
The client Group Projects is entering into a period of significant and exciting change. The role will own and shape the project system for the clients Group's global portfolio of small and medium projects accumulating up to ???100 million annual CAPEX and select projects ranging from ???50 million to in excess of ???500 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Support, you will develop and when necessary change project baseline estimates ensuring they fully reflect the project concerned and that those risks and are fully integrated with the project baseline schedule. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Accountability for the development of probabilistically modelled project cost estimates
- Production of counter estimates to enable validation of vendor offers and claims
- Supporting the development of Capital Expenditure Proposals
- Estimating the impact of any project change requests
- Carrying out peer reviews of cost estimates produced by others
- This role will also ensure knowledge is retained and transferred and undertake lessons learnt reviews to promote continuous improvement
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
- Significant project estimating experience including projects over ???100 million, brownfield and turnaround/outage projects
- Professional cost estimating qualification e.g...... click apply for full job details