2 days left
- Full Time
International Manufacturer based in Bedfordshire seeks an experienced Manufacturing Manager.
About the role:
- Continuous improvement
- Deliver manufactured goods to customer specification and required delivery date.
- Team management (including annual appraisals, absence management, incident investigation)
- Develop the skills and flexibility of the team through training and mentoring 'on the job' training.
- Establish a skills matrix, assess staff, and develop training plans. Improve and support process change to deliver improved lead time and cost reduction.
- Improve and develop plant capability, capacity and flexibility to support the business strategy.
- Establish appropriate performance KPIs, measure and report on KPIs regularly.
- Manage the day to day production process.
- Maintaining stock of key product lines.
- Managing workflow through the factory to meet the planned schedule and delivery dates.
- Machine programming and calibration.
- Authority to purchase according to the Purchasing Policy.
- Management of overtime budget to maximize efficiency and maintain cost control.
- Reporting on key metrics and departmental objectives.
- Weekly Operations management team meetings.
- Presentations and updates to meetings and project teams.
Skills and experience:
- Engineering Degree preferred, or BTEC/City & Guilds qualification.
- Production processes.
- AutoCAD, Inventor.
- An understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and key current legislation.
- Lean manufacturing.
- Quality Assurance.
- Technically strong with knowledge and practical workshop skills.
- Customer focused.
- Good analytical skills, problem solver.
- Energetic, executes tasks to completion...... click apply for full job details