Vitality, Platform Engineer (Digital Application Infrastructure), Bournemouth, GBPCompetitive + Bonus + Benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Platform Engineer, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Platform Engineer your mission is to transform our infrastructure into resilient, scalable, and repeatable IaaS and PaaS services that support current and future business requirements.
You will support this mission by applying their skills and knowledge in the end to end design, build, support and automation of platforms and infrastructure services using technology comprising Windows, Linux, VMware, AWS, Docker, Kubernetees and Ansible.
Your role as our Platform Engineer will involve:
- Collaborating with Vitality technical teams and 3rd party infrastructure service providers in the design, building and operation of Vitality Platform and infrastructure services.
- Automating and orchestrating the delivery of infrastructure and platform services, promoting the use of IaC across all teams.
- Responsibility for the day to day support, maintenance and upgrade of Vitality branch office, data center and cloud infrastructure and platforms.
- Identifying opportunities to optimise return on investment, efficiency, reliability, and simplicity of Vitality platform and infrastructure services.
- Continuously developing technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging infrastructure technologies
- Identifying, socialising and implementing best practices as they emerge
- Advising product teams on how to get the most out of the platform and the shared components it provides
- Providing input into the strategic direction and roadmap of technologies within area of discipline
- Resolving and making decisions on more complex incidents and service requests
- Responsibility for security aspects of solutions and services.
- Proactively seeking to enhance DevOps culture by removing silos between traditional functional teams
Our ideal Platform Engineer will:
- Have proven experience building highly available, reliable hosted solutions in AWS and VMware Cloud which support enterprise applications.
- Strong candidates will have experience of how to craft environments that support good practices for the development team such as auto-scaling, blue-green deployments, auto-failover, etc.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems, ideally experience of hardened builds.
- Experience of provisioning and configuration management, automation and orchestration tools - Ansible, Cloud Formation, Puppet or similar.
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills
- Exposure and understanding of container (Docker) and container orchestration technology (Kubernetees)
- Scripting capability, creating Infrastructure as Code (JSON, YAML etc)
- Experience of monitoring solutions for cloud-based dynamic environments (e.g Dynatrace)
- AWS Certification
Closing Date: Tuesday 1st December 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Platform Engineer,thenplease click 'apply' today...... click apply for full job details