Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Civil Infrastructure Engineer - GBP32,000-GBP37,000 (negotiable DOE) - Derby
My client a multi-disciplinary consultancy are seeking an experienced Civil Infrastructure Engineer for their expanding office/team in Derby office.
This is a great opportunity for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer who is seeking a new challenge with a reputable company.
The successful Civil Infrastructure engineer would have a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
This is a client facing role, and consequently we require a Civil Infrastructure Engineer with excellent communication skills.
Role & responsibilities:
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects.
- Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Detailed analysis and modelling of drainage
- 3D highways design and alignment including horizontal and vertical alignment design
- Knowledge of various County Council design standards
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Excellent time keeping & excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff.
- Modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc. would be desirable...... click apply for full job details