Manufacturing Food And Drink Apprentice
About The Role
We're recruiting for a Manufacturing Food and Drink Apprentice to join our Grimsby Manufacturing Site. As part of the Production team, you will be involved in the action at the site in a paid role while we fully support you to obtain a Level 2 Food and Drink Processing Apprenticeship. At Morrison's, we're passionate about providing the freshest of food, ensuring quality and food safe products are produced for our customers at all times. So, where better to develop your skills, springboard your career and be part of the most amazing team!
- You will develop your skills and knowledge to complete tasks and processes required within the production site.
- This will include developing / training Standard Operating Procedures, basic fault finding, understanding continuous improvement processes, cleaning to specification, line yield optimisation, recording and interpretation of production data.
- You will work on the production lines and complete all operational tasks including handling and packaging products, movement of goods and products using MHE.
- You will be required to work flexibly to support all areas of the business where required to ensure service levels are met at all times.
- You will develop your skills set to complete an end point assessment at the end of your apprenticeship
What You'll Study Towards From January 2021 you will start your exciting journey on a Level 2 Food and Drink Process Apprenticeship programme. Working to develop the skills required to be competent in all aspects of food safety, through a series of modules and have regular reviews and assessments to help you grow your skills and knowledge within the business. Lasting 12 months, the Morrison's Food and Drink Apprenticeship programme is the ideal springboard for a career in the fast-paced world of food manufacturing, offering a unique combination of earning while you learn.
What You'll NeedAs well as bundles of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn you'll also need:
- To be aged at least 18
- To be able to work at pace and not be afraid of a little hard work
- To be able to work as part of a team
- To be flexible in your approach and a completer finisher
- Have a basic of Math's and English
About our Grimsby Manufacturing Site
Grimsby employs 700 people predominantly on a 4/4 off shift which is supported fully by the site engineering team who cover days and nights. The site supplies 90% of all Morrisons seafood from two facilities, Pegasus which is the wet fish site processing Salmon & White fish and the other being Lakeside which is mainly packing and further processing such as smoking with a number of production lines. Within Lakeside it covers Low risk, High Care and High Risk products. Both sites have state of the art world class processing equipment and has recently undergone significant investment in capital and infrastructure.
From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 97,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details