Software Applications Engineer - Defence
Role: Software Applications Engineer
Salary: Will consider applications up to GBP37.5k
An exciting opportunity for a full stack Software Developer to design and code functional programs and applications for the business. You will work as part of a small team and be trained & empowered to work individually with little supervision.
The department has a large landscape of solutions across a variety of platforms so a strong working knowledge of at least one programming language will be essential along with an analytical mind and passion for new technology to work with the Systems & Tools team to develop newer, better solutions.
This role is a broad and exciting role with a world leading company you will be trained and have a wide variety of responsibilities.
Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- You will be developing new or improving existing software applications that are used to manage customer support activities.
- You will be developing new software application using agile development techniques, rather than formal requirement specifications.
- You will be working and sharing experience with other IT specialists who have a wide ranging skills and knowledge.
- You will be working with a multi-national team and have opportunities for international travel and development language skills.
- A high level of expertise in database development in C# programming, MS Access and SQL along with building applications in Visual Basic
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent Communication
- Strong organisational and administrative ability
- Ability to attain SC clearance
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: ...... click apply for full job details