Exciting opportunity to join a Global leading firm as a Laboratory Technician. Full time based in Inverness
Your new company
With a vision to create a world without limits for people with diabetes, LifeScan is a world leader in blood glucose monitoring - globally more than 20 million people depend on OneTouch brand products to help them manage their diabetes. For over 35 years, LifeScan has had an unwavering commitment to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by developing products defined by simplicity, accuracy, and trust. The business has worldwide hubs in Malvern, USA (Pennsylvania), Inverness, UK, and ZUG, Switzerland.
Your new role
As an Laboratory Technician you will:
- Follow Quality Lab procedures as defined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and General Work Instructions (GWI's) to test and initiate product quality testing, including the safe handling, disposal and testing of blood products
- Identify appropriate test method(s) by product type, and execute product testing as required in a safe, compliant and timely manner
- General maintenance, set-up, calibration, and cleaning of laboratory equipment
- Identify compliance risk issues and bringing them to the attention Lab Management as necessary
- input and maintenance of testing data in a timely and accurate manner, generating reports as required
- Input into lab documentation and document development
- Provide support in technical writing i.e. lab protocols
- Manage the retention of product samples through the sampling lifecycle (up to 36 months)
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will be able to communicate and accurately convey information both verbal and written. You will have the ability to build sound technical knowledge of assigned processes and accurately absorb and follow technical instructions. You will take personal responsibility and accountability as required to maintain process EHS, Quality, Yield and Throughput. You will be able to adhere to departmental and company GMP guidelines and operating procedures. You will have the ability to work in a team setting contributing to both your team, and the organisation's success.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to work for a global company, where you will earn a competitive rate of pay and can have a direct impact on product delivery. You will be weekly paid via Hays as a PAYE worker. This role is a temporary contract for approximately 4 months. There is possibility of extension depending on business needs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.