Digital Content Editor
DIGITAL CONTENT EDITOR
Starting salary: c. £38,000
BASC is the largest shooting organisation in the UK, serving a wide variety of stakeholder and public interests. It acts as a representative body for sporting shooting - fostering opportunity, safety, high standards and wildlife conservation.
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic digital content editor to create and curate content for BASC’s website and other digital channels, with the aim of protecting and enhancing BASC’s reputation and delivering on our strategic communications objectives.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional online communication skills, a fantastic ‘news sense’ and be experienced in managing, creating and maintaining content via the website and other channels, including social media and video.
You should have a strong knowledge and understanding of SEO, content outreach, analytics and reporting to be able to spot trends and opportunities to increase awareness and build support for BASC online.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A minimum three years’ experience of managing digital content and website CMS in a work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices and content outreach. Excellent knowledge of WordPress.
- Ability to use data analytics to drive content.
- Able to train others via face-to-face, phone and written communication.
- Awareness of key issues facing shooting sports and the ability to influence the influencers.
- Excellent writing skills with a focus on accuracy
Working within our communications team this role reports to the Deputy Director of Communications & Public Affairs. We are flexible about where this role is based, there will be some travel and you will be expected to work from our Head Office in Rossett on occasions.
To apply for this exciting opportunity further information and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.basc.org.uk. Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using our application form
Further information and an application form may be downloaded from our website www.basc.org.uk alternatively, please contact the HR department. Telephone: 01244 573002. E-mail: email@example.com Please quote reference DCE/11/2020. The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 16 December 2020.