3 days left
- Full Time
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Fitter to carry out planned maintenance and repairs to the site and equipment to maintain our asset capacity and value at our Inverness Asphalt site.
About the role
As a Fitter you will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisorer, you'll be expected to contribute to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures and respond to plant breakdowns - ensuring it is returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
Other elements to the role include:
- Carry out planned repairs to equipment to maintain asset capacity and value
- Contribute to the preparation and development of Safe Systems of Work for repair procedures
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Support and train operatives to complete maintenance tasks
- To carry out the daily plant and other inspections; complete the forms and where a problem exists notify management immediately
- Be responsible for the plant assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, plant buildings, and equipment and stores used therein and efficient employment of them
- To react promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with operatives and assisting where needed
- To monitor and ensure that all plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented correctly
- Complete and adhere to all Safety related documentation for all maintenance activates
- To carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when required
- Strong communication with site team
What will you bring?
- Ability to work as part of a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation as required
- Experienced fitter ideally Mechanically biased who is also skilled in welding, cutting and fabricating techniques (Tech qualification, NVQ3 or equivalent would be advantageous)
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to plan and implement maintenance schedules and good working knowledge of engineering drawings
- Good understanding of health and safety including environmental
- Ability to work to deadlines?
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We're at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we're home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We're also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets...... click apply for full job details