- All of our services are provided free to adult patients and their families.
- The care we provide is tailored to the needs of each patient.
- We help people living with cancer and other terminal illnesses.
- Our services are provided by a team of dedicated health and social care professionals.
- Care is provided both at the Hospice and in patients' own homes.
- 91p of every £1 received goes towards patient care.
- Our 330 staff are helped by 1,100 volunteers.
- We have 28 charity shops located throughout Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Over 24,800 people play our weekly LOROS Lottery.
- We work in partnership with higher and further education providers to supply education, training and supportto over 2,200 health and social care professionals every year.
- Research is a key part of our work. Our care is based on the latest research, with our research programme directed at improving care for patients, their families and carers.
- LOROS works collaboratively with other local health and social care providers to benefit patient care. We also work closely with those responsible for commissioning health care across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- It costs us £7.7 million each year to be able to deliver our services. The NHS does give us some money, but we still need to raise at least £5 million each year from our local community.