University of Huddersfield
About University of Huddersfield
Successful, innovative and modern – welcome to the University of Huddersfield
Whatever you aim to do in life, it pays to get a good education. And with high standards of teaching and learning and excellent facilities that's exactly what our students can expect from the University of Huddersfield. Based right in the town centre and at the heart of the local community, we help thousands of people, from school leavers to those returning to education after a gap, achieve their goals each year.
Why do nearly 20,000 students choose to study at Huddersfield? Excellence
The University of Huddersfield is a growing centre of research and excellence and we always push the boundaries of knowledge.
- We are proud to have been recognised as a gold-rated University by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- We won the first Global Teaching Excellence Award recognising the University’s commitment to world-class teaching and its success in developing students as independent learners and critical thinkers (Higher Education Academy, 2017).
- Our academic staff are continually rated as providing high quality teaching in an exciting and stimulating environment. Infact, Huddersfield is first in England for professionally qualified teaching staff (HEFCE Dec 2016).
- The UK's leading university for the receipt of National Teaching Fellowships to mark Britain’s best lecturers in Higher Education for the past ten years.
- We've world-leading applied research groups in biomedical sciences, engineering and physical sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- The University of Huddersfield became the Times Higher Education University of the Year in November 2013. Judges highlighted the University’s outstanding record for student satisfaction and employability with the University placed in the top ten in the country in both categories. We asked our staff and students why they thought the University of Huddersfield won the University of the Year award. Here's what they said.
We have an impressive record for graduate employment, with 94.5% of our undergraduate and 94.8% of postgraduate students in work or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2014/15). The University places a great deal of importance on industry experience and therefore 100% of our undergraduate students have the opportunity to undertake professional work experience during their studies.
Since 2010, £80 million has been spent on campus development making sure our students have access to some of the best facilities in the country. Our campus also has a vibrant social scene and we have a very active Students’ Union with more than 110 clubs and societies.
The University is growing its reputation as a leader in the field of enterprise. In 2012 the University was awarded the prestigious Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year and followed this up in 2013 when it was awarded a Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: International Trade. Professor Liz Towns-Andrews, Director of Research and Enterprise, also received an individual Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion.
We have helped a number of graduates to set up their own successful businesses and have a fantastic Enterprise Team who are here to help students get their business ideas off the ground. The Duke of York Entrepreneur Centre, housed in the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, is a great hub for students who wish to set up their own business and provides a great opportunity to network with other students and local businesses.
4 jobs with University of Huddersfield
Property Services require an enthusiastic tradesperson to join its small but very...
Property Services require an enthusiastic Electrician to join its small but very busy...
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with data?..
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and technically capable individual to join the Computing and Library Services Core...