Teaching Assistant Personal Statement
Are you seeking advice to improve your chances of landing your dream teaching assistant role? Fish4jobs are here to help! Follow our expert advice and guidance to create a teaching assistant personal statement for your CV that helps you to shine.
We recommend that you use this 100-150 words to successfully present your knowledge, skills and past experience, as well as your great personality, to create a fantastic first impression on a prospective employer.
You can also check out our generic guide to writing a personal statement here.
What to include in your teaching assistant personal statement
Why you’re applying for the specific role:
- Mention why have you applied for that specific role, what appealed to you in the job description.
- Highlight any past experience that relates to the role.
- Provide information on your previous education – School/University/Courses attended or completed.
- Highlight any relevant qualifications.
Your teaching experience:
- Mention what year groups have you assisted in teaching in the past.
- What subjects you have taught, or specialised in assisting with.
- Any use of assessment strategies or special features of the practices, for example, open-plan, multi-ethnic, team teaching.
- Provide examples of assistance to teachers.
A kind, friendly, passionate and highly experienced teaching assistant. I am an enthusiastic and motivated assistant, who has a passion for supporting children with all aspects of school life. In previous teaching assistant roles my daily tasks included encouraging students, assisting with learning, and providing support to the class teachers. This role has appealed to me as I have a keen desire to continue learning, as well as assisting students and teachers in all aspects inside and outside the classroom. With my previous experience, responsibility, dependability and enthusiasm for education I feel that I would be a great asset to your team.
If you’d like to check out more useful resources that can help you apply for your next teaching role, then you can select from the options below: