Teaching Assistant CV Template
Looking to improve your chances of landing that teaching assistant job? We’re here to help. We’ve created a teaching assistant CV template to help you create the ultimate CV for your job application.
As a teaching assistant your main role will be to support the children with their learning in the classroom. Teaching assistants work closely with not only pupils, but teachers to ensure that pupils are learning in a safe and supportive setting.
Daily tasks include encouraging and motivating students, assisting with learning, organising trips as well as marking students work. Salaries for teaching assistants can range between £13,000 to £18,000 a year, however higher level teaching assistants can earn between £16,000 to £25,000.
Use our Teaching Assistant CV template for guidance on what to include and how to format your CV when applying for teaching assistant positions.
Current Permanent Address
Mobile number, Landline number
Teaching Assistant, Phillips High School, London
March 2011 – Present
• Coordinate instructional efforts with lead teacher
• Design and implement lesson plans and curriculum
• Tutor students and assist with assignments and concepts
• Organize and distribute learning resources
• Monitor students during class work and exams
• Manage student behaviour as appropriate
• Plan and develop teaching aides as instructed
• Provide assistant to teachers in terms of preparing lesson outlines
Volunteer TA, St. Andrew’s High School, London
Nov 2010 – Mar 2011
• Assisted teachers in managing classroom activities
• Observed student’s performance as directed
• Assisted in grading exam papers and homework
• Distributed lesson resources as directed
• Provided assistance to weak students or students with special needs
Oxford College of Education
Bachelors of Education – 2005
Majors: Early Childhood Education
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional instructional acumen
• Strong working knowledge of managing student behaviour
• Good understanding of managing priorities