Retail Manager CV Template
If you’re looking to apply for a range of retail manager jobs, we can help get your CV ready with our retail manager CV template. Simply download our template and follow the examples provided.
If you also need to go over the basics of CV writing, be sure to check out our handy how to write a CV guide.
A highly motivated and ambitious retail manager with nine years’ experience in retail. Has a unique eye for trend evolution and customer purchasing patterns, and am ahead of the curve when it comes to maximising profits and building a reputation as a forward thinking retailer. A focus on customer satisfaction delivers repeat footfall and word of mouth referrals on a regular basis.
- NVQ diploma in retail
- Six years’ experience at team building and leadership
- Confident business and strategic planner
- Broad knowledge of the retail environment and customer care
- Technically competent with extensive experience of POS systems
Assistant Retail Manager – Debenhams, London
(November 2013 – Present)
Working directly alongside the retail manager, I was responsible for my own sub team and undertook the everyday running of my own department improving its profit by 25% in under 12 months.
- Focusing on growing the business and maximising in store profitability
- Motivating team of four to achieve and surpass preset goals and targets
- Creating and working to business growth plans
- Managing and training staff in every area of business
- Forging long term and positive relationships with new and existing customers
Team Leader – New Look, London
(March 2010 – November 2013)
Responsible for the everyday running of the shoe department in a busy high street store.
- Designating tasks to small teams
- Creating eye catching displays and promotions
- Making sure customer experience was first class
- Dealing with inquiries and troubleshooting any problems that arose
Shop Floor Customer Service – Top Shop, London
(August 2007 – March 2010)
Working in a busy fashion store as a front of house customer liaison.
- Greeting customers and helping them with inquiries
- Ensuring the appearance of the shop is immaculate and welcoming
- Smooth running of the customer checkout, dealing with cash and card payments
- Educating new employees
City & Guilds
NVQ Level 2 in retail
(2011 – 2012)
Including the following modules:
- Keeping stock at required levels in a retail environment
- Displaying stock to promote sales
- Processing payments for purchase
- Helping customers select products
- Creating profitable business plans
- Monitoring the effectiveness of visual merchandising displays
Enfield Sixth Form College
(2006 – 2008)
A Level Business & retail studies (B) English (C)
Enfield Sixth Form College
(2004 – 2006)
9 GCSEs C grade and above (including Maths and English)
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers.