Nursing CV Template
Nurse your CV back to health! If you’re looking to apply for a range of nursing, dental nurse, nursery nurse or veterinary nurse job roles, make sure your CV is in tip-top shape with our nursing CV template.
If you’re passionate about helping others then nursing might be the career for you. The day to day tasks of a nurse are to plan and provide medical care to patients, either in the hospital or at home. The daily tasks of a nurse can include but are not limited to: writing patient care plans, observing and recording conditions, administering drugs, responding to emergencies, educating patients, maintaining records and mentoring student nurses.
The starting salary for a fully qualified nurse can be between £21,000 to £28,000 a year, with experience in the position this can rise to £26,000 to £35,000.
If you’re seeking advice on how to nurse your CV back to health download our template below, and if you need help with the basic principles of CV writing, be sure to check out our handy guide on how to write a CV for expert advice.
Nursing CV Template
Download our template and follow the examples provided, or copy the text below.
A dedicated and motivated nurse with over nine years of experience in the health care sector; currently enrolled in a registered nurse program. Highly focused on the welfare and comfort of patients, and always adhering to the nursing code of professional conduct. Every duty is carried out to the highest standards resulting in patient confidence and trust.
- Dispensing medications
- Reading vital signs
- Intravenous therapy
- Wound care
- Application of dressings
- Insertion of catheters
- Tracheotomy care
- Nasopharyngeal and oral suctioning
- Committed to the core values of patient care and welfare
- Able to administer narcotics assuming full responsibility
- Can develop and implement nursing care plans, specific to the patients’ unique needs
- Supervise patients’ admissions and discharges
- Ensure accurate charting procedures
- Help staff nurses with the assessment and placement of patients
- Work to prevent the transmission of infectious bacteria by rigorously observing health codes
Nurse – Basingstoke Hospital, Basingstoke
(November 2010 – present)
Working in a busy children’s ward alongside senior medical staff and consultants.
- Focusing on the delivery of the highest standard of care
- Motivating and supervising a team of junior nurses
- Creating an environment of trust between the young patients, their parents and the medical staff
- Every day general care of patients, administering treatments and medication
- Recording and maintaining medical records and updating senior staff of patient welfare and progress
Trainee Nurse – Southampton Hospital, Southampton
(March 2006 – November 2010)
- Shadowing senior nurses and assisting in general medical practices
- Ensuring the comfort and welfare of patients and liaising with their families regarding their progress
- Consulting with senior medical staff and administering medication as directed
- Carrying out a broad variety of administrative duties
University of Southampton
(2004 – 2006)
MSC in Advanced Clinical Practice (Advanced Nurse Practitioner)
University of Brighton
(2001 – 2004)
BSC (Hons) in Child Nursing
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers.
Nurses provide medical and nursing care to patients in every type of health setting from A&E to patients’ homes. Nurses provide care to those who are suffering from chronic and acute physical or mental ill health. The job role of a nurse is based primarily upon gaining the trust and confidence of the patient, with their main aim to improve the patients’ quality of life.
The minimum starting salary for a registered nurse is £21,692, rising to £28,180 on Band 5 of the NHS agenda for Change Pay Rates
The standard working hours for a nurse are 37.5 hours a week. These hours can include evenings, weekend work, night shifts and bank holidays. However many hospitals offer flexible working hours or part-time work.