Structural Engineer CV Template
Don’t know where to begin when writing your CV for structural engineering roles? Don’t panic, we’ve created a template to help you kick start your engineering job search.
Our Structural Engineer CV template will help give you an understanding of what to include on your CV, as well as how to format it to perfection.
Structural Engineers typically deal with the design and construction of structures (such as bridges, buildings, dams) and is a branch of civil engineering.
For those of you out there looking for your next role as an structural engineer, check out our engineering CV template now to begin your new career.
Structural Engineer CV Template
A highly motivated and respected structural engineer with nine years’ experience in the construction industry. Specialising predominantly in the development of new projects with a particular focus on environmental impact and sustainability. A skilled leader with high level planning experience and the utmost understanding of working to budgets and timelines. Excellent communicator both verbally and visually with the ability to inspire colleagues to strive for the ultimate level of professionalism.
- Articulate and purposeful communicator
- Client focused
- Detailed knowledge of structural design and delivery
- Working knowledge of UK and European codes of practice
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and commercial awareness
Principle Structural Engineer – Bovis, London
(November 2013 – Present)
Responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of multi disciplinary projects including the education and commercial sectors.
- Ensuring all designs that were signed off met with the appropriate codes of practice and standards
- Liaising with the clients and adapting to meet their requirements
- Finding and implementing solutions to environmental concerns
- Managing and training staff in every area of business
- Leading the design process of all forms of construction
- Analysing, updating and working to budgets and time frames
- Mentoring junior staff
- Complying with designers duties under CDM regulations
- Supervising contractors
- Providing support for all technical issues
Structural Engineer – DW Construction Ltd, London
(August 2010 – November 2013)
- Preparing CAD designs and blueprints
- Managing time and delivery deadlines
- Presenting CAD drawings to contractors
- Dealing with inquiries and troubleshooting any problems that might arise
- Assessing structural load of new and existing developments
- Liaising with architects and local government agencies
- Producing and up-keeping due diligence surveys
(Hons) Structural Engineering
(2006 – 2009)
Including the following modules:
- Mechanics and civil engineering technology
- Hydraulics and Hydrology
- Construction management
- The principles of infrastructure
- Environmental systems
- Surveying and reporting
Enfield Sixth Form
(2003 – 2005)
A Level Maths (A) Business Studies (B) English (C)
(2004 – 2006)
9 GCSEs C grade and above (including Maths and English)
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers.