Social Worker CV Template
If you’re looking to apply for social worker, care worker, youth worker, or child support roles, we can help get your CV into shape with our social worker CV template.
If you need help with the basic principles of CV writing, be sure to check out our handy guide on how to write a CV.
Social workers work with families and individuals to support them through difficult times and ensure that people are safeguarded from harm. The key responsibility is to provide support in order to improve the outcomes in individuals lives.
Social workers begin on a salary of around £19,000 which increases to £35,000 as you gain more experience. Tasks typically involve interviews with families to assess and review situations, writing up assessments and recommendations, sometimes making decisions about the best course of action in a tough situation.
Fish4jobs can help you find your next role as a social worker. Fix up your CV and start your job search with us today!
Social Worker CV Template
Copy the template below and alter it to fit your own experiences, achievements and aspirations.
An enthusiastic and conscientious social worker with over seven years’ experience in the care sector, specifically in providing a professional care service to children, the elderly, sick and disabled patients. Motivated and driven to provide the best possible support for clients in need of assistance, support and social care. Able to adapt to the broad range of situations that arise with individuals or within families.
- Extensive knowledge of social work legislation, principles and techniques
- HCPC registered
- Assisting clients with chores around the house, transportation and personal hygiene
- Providing high-quality care to clients in their own homes
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals such as district nurses and GPs
- Excellent leadership qualities and supervisory experience
- Helping dress and prepare clients for their day
- Monitoring blood pressure and any other pre-existing health conditions
- Organising recreational activities for clients
- Helping clients with their exercises, physiotherapy and any other medical plans
- Keeping confidential client files
Social Worker – Lambeth City Council, South Lambeth
(November 2013 – Present)
Providing front line support for vulnerable individuals and families. Part of a small but strong team responsible for the more extreme social care issues.
- Providing essential support and ensuring that the well being of clients remained the core focus
- Interviewing and assessing each case on an independent basis and planning care packages accordingly
- Liaising and providing an overview of circumstances to the local authorities
- Ensuring the safety of the clients in and out of the home
- Organising team training
- Recording case progress both manually and electronically
Social Worker – Children Services, Camden
(March 2010 – November 2013)
- Providing essential support for individuals and families in often challenging circumstances
- Ensuring that relevant childcare legislation was adhered to and that correct protocols of care were followed at all times
- Liaising with numerous council departments and reporting the progress of each case both verbally and electronically
- Carrying out continuous home visits with an emphasis on trust and sensitivity
Trainee Social Worker – Vauxhall Health Care Provider, Vauxhall
(August 2007 – March 2010)
- Part of a regional team shadowing senior social workers
- Providing support to adults with learning difficulties
- Creating care plans for individual clients and organising the required assistance
- Liaising with various council departments and reporting the progress of ongoing cases
- Providing administrative support in the preparation of legal evidence
- Attending training sessions and workshops
BA (Hons) Social Work
Basingstoke Sixth Form College
(2004 – 2006)
A Level Business & Management Studies (B) English (B) Philosophy (B)
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers.
Social Worker Job Description
What is a social worker?
A qualified social worker works with individuals and families to support them through difficult times and ensures that vulnerable people are protected from harm and abuse. The role of a social worker often involves the safeguarding of children and working with families to promote successful safe living.
Social Worker Salary
A social worker earns an average salary of £26,489 per year.
How to Become a Social Worker
To become a social worker you need to complete an approved degree in social work. Courses usually take three or four years. Once the course is complete and you gain the correct social worker qualifications, you can register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).