It’s essential to stay proactive whilst job hunting; however, one must not forget the golden rule of conducting a successful job search - tailoring each application with your skills and experience to the requirements listed within the job description.
Remember, recruiters will receive your cover letter and CV upon your application, so if you apply to 3 roles advertised by the same recruiter without tailoring each application, it will be flagged that you used a boilerplate template. With big companies often using applicant tracking systems to sift through duplicated responses, you run the risk of being listed as a candidate that does not match what the algorithm is looking for.
If you have applied to a role advertised by a particular recruiter, your CV and cover note will be on file. Sending high volumes of applications, may lead your applications to being flagged as spam / duplications.
To ensure a successful job search, follow our simple tips and tricks:
• Apply to positions that are relevant to your skills and experience.
• Get a FREE CV review with our partner Top CV.
• When making an application, be sure to tailor your CV and covering letter to each individual application, highlighting the skills and experience from your CV that match the requirements for the role advertised.
• Recruiters and employers have many candidates to review for each role, so they will eliminate candidates from the initial stages who haven’t tailored their application to the role.
• Be the first to hear about the latest jobs; set up job alerts by email with criteria which match your experience.
• Dive into the CV and interview advice we have on site - targeting cover letter writing skills, CV curation, and interview tips.
We wish you the best of luck with your job search.