How to Write a Customer Service Personal Statement
Have you found the perfect customer service job? Stand out from other applicants by writing a winning personal statement for your CV.
Follow our expert advice and guidance to create a customer service personal statement that successfully presents your knowledge, skills and experience to create a fantastic first impression.
We recommend using this 100-150 words to provide examples of how you match the job specification and why you are the perfect candidate for this role. If you’re looking for further advice, check out our how to write a personal statement guide.
What to include in your customer service personal statement
Why you’re applying for the specific role:
- Mention why are you applying for this specific job role.
- List what appealed to you about the job description.
- Highlight any previous experience you have had in customer service.
- List the skills you already possess that relate to this specific role
- List any relevant subjects you have studied.
- List your School/College/University
- List your relevant qualifications.
Your customer service experience:
- Mention previous experience and role if applicable.
- Give examples of personality traits that make you a great candidate.
- Mention any key skills that relate to the industry.
A confident, reliable and enthusiastic individual, with previous customer service experience. I enjoy helping clients, customers and individuals, and solving any problems that they may have. I am a great communicator, over the phone, face to face and via email. I strive to work well under pressure and love to keep myself, and my workflow organised. As an experienced customer service advisor I take an enthusiastic approach, combined with a friendly, genuine dedication to customer satisfaction.
If you’re applying for customer service jobs, we recommend that you also check out our customer service cover letter template.