- Job term
- Job hours
At a Glance
JCA is one of the fastest growing providers of school residential activity holidays. Part of TUI Travel PLC the worlds leading travel organisation, we are proud of our reputation for providing thousands of children every year with an unforgettable experience which promotes safety, personal development & of course, fun! Our holidays provide great value, quality & can be tailor-made to suit the groups requirements.
Directly reporting to the Travel Class Operations Team, the Centre Activity Manager is responsible for the management and product delivery at the centre, Travel Class staff and the safety and welfare of all our customers.
Managing a team of Activity staff, you will ensure that your staff are motivated, presented in line with company grooming standards and focused on delivering excellent results throughout the operation.
You will act as the focal point of management and customer service contact for our suppliers and visiting groups prior to and throughout the operation. The activity team will act as exemplary role models and be a key point of contact for all customers throughout their stay.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the all activity areas on & off centre are set out as per Travel Class operational guidelines and that equipment is well maintained and presented throughout the season.
- Observe the activities delivered by the activity instructors onsite to guarantee that they are delivered as per the companies risk assessments and activity standards and procedures booklet.
- Promote excellent customer service, communicating with all customers (internal & external) ensuring that expectations are exceeded & targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all parts of the site will adhere to BAPA, LOtC, Adventuremark, BCU & AALS standards & procedures.
- Comply with the Company’s Health & Safety, Child Protection & safeguarding policies at all times.
- Perform pro-active quality control of all aspects of delivery and programme development in liaison with the Travel Class Operations Team.
- Ensure the Company’s Equal Opportunity policy is being followed in all aspects of the operation.
- Assist in the development of all Travel Class staff making certain that timetabled performance development reviews, observations and regular one to ones with team members are completed.
- Undertake senior duties to include overnight emergency contact duties.
- Responsible for merchandise, weekly stock reconciliation & financial reporting.
- Develop sustainable relationships with customers (internal & external) prior to arriving on centre and throughout the operation.
- Perform Party Leader Welcome Meetings that are effectively delivered throughout the operation.
- Guarantee that all customer (internal & external) queries, enquiries, any complaint issues are dealt with in a polite, effective and in a timely manner, prior to arrival on site and throughout the operation.
- Ensuring that all customer (internal & external) queries, enquiries, any complaint issues are dealt with in a polite, effective and in a timely manner, prior to arrival on site and throughout the operation.
- Adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and that excellent standards of Health and Safety are maintained on site, including accurate record keeping and report writing.
- Ensure that effective activity programme timetabling is in place for all groups to maximize the experience of all customers during their stay.
- Manage the promotional material and make sure it is in line with the operational presentation / display standards and that the highest standards are maintained throughout the season.
- Pro-active quality control of all aspects of delivery and program development in liaison with the Travel Class Operations Team.
- Coordinate onsite staff training and apprenticeship work in compliance with the Travel Class induction scheme and the activity standards and procedures.
- Co-ordinate timely staff movements when required.
- Promote the Travel Class products on site to achieve all financial targets set by the Company on a weekly basis.
- Responsibility of merchandise, weekly stock reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Adhere to weekly administration duties & reporting deadlines.
Co-ordinate and facilitate inspection visits from Head Office, Party Leaders and Safety Personnel.
- Undertake any other tasks requested by the Travelclass Operations and Development Manager and Operations Team deemed relevant to this role.
What we're looking for
- 21 years old or above.
- Valid driving license.
- IT literate.
- Organisational skills to enable achievement of weekly deadlines and targets.
- Previous experience in working with targets (financial & non-financial) and budgets.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- A proven excellent customer service record
- Flexibility within role and to change locations as per business needs.
- Act as a positive role model at all times. Motivational & inspiring to drive a team to achieve excellent results
- Previous experience in working to BAPA, LOtC and other governing bodies policies, completion of required appendices and inspections.
- Excellent time management and ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Satisfactory receipt of criminal records check.
- Previous sales experience
- Previous presentation experience
- Knowledge of Performance & Development Management
- Single Pitch Award (SPA)
- Climbing Wall Award (CWA)
- Watersports qualifications and experience
- Relevant First Aid Qualifications
What we can offer you
- A seasonal contract with remuneration corresponding to the size of the centre and the experience of the individual.
- The position is live in, including full board accommodation.
- Seasonal contract
- Full training
- Development opportunities within both JCA and other TUI Travel PLC companies (pending successful performance in this introductory role and your personal suitability)
- Friends and family discount
- Employee discount scheme with access to discounts from a selection of retailers
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Job Division: Specialist & Activity