Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- United Kingdom
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
At a Glance
JCA is one of the fastest growing providers of school residential activity holidays. Part of TUI Travel PLC the worlds leading travel organisation, we are proud of our reputation for providing thousands of children every year with an unforgettable experience which promotes safety, personal development & of course, fun! Our holidays provide great value, quality & can be tailor-made to suit the groups requirements.
As a member of the Holiday Village Crche team working predominantly with 0 36 month olds. During the season it will be your responsibility, based in the hotel crche and children’s club, to provide fun, creative and safe activities for children. Activities are themed and include Pirates, under the sea and circus so you’ll need to have plenty of energy and enthusiasm!
You will also receive further comprehensive training that will allow you to deliver tailored, stimulating and safe activity programmes for all ages, including parties, sports activities through to themed activities & High Rope activities. You’ll build a rapport with the children’s families on arrival, and you’ll be a constant, trusted presence on their holiday. Using high levels of enthusiasm and skills learnt on the comprehensive training course, our staff will provide children and families with an unforgettable stay that exceeds all expectations.
What You'll be doing
- Provide excellent customer service to customers throughout their stay.
- Actively approach and communicate with all customers, assisting with questions and queries at all times.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all team members at the Holiday Village.
- Perform team and individual duties to include activity area / room / site work, facility preparation, session development, equipment storage and maintenance.
- Ensure the correct and safe delivery in all activity sessions in accordance with the Activity Standards & Procedures Manual (ASAPs), Generic Risk Assessments and Site Risk Assessments.
- Accurate completion of relevant reports as necessary.
- Follow all company policies and procedures in place, in-line with the TUI Group.
- Promote the company’s Equal Opportunity Policy & Health and Safety Policy to guarantee it is being followed in all aspects of Travel Class and Holiday Village operations.
- Promote the Travel Class and Holiday Village products on site and make sure that the highest levels of customer service are given at all times.
Undertake any other tasks requested by the Travel Class and Holiday Village senior team deemed relevant to this role.
- Handle company money and liquidate correctly following Holiday Village procedures.
- Ability to deliver any themed based activity session, including evening entertainments.
- Complete "daily diary", to be given to the parents each day, outlining which activities have been completed, meals eaten etc.
- When not required in the crche, you will work in children’s club or support Holiday Village teams as required.
What Were Looking For
- Must be CACHE level three qualified or equivalent (NNEB, Diploma in Childcare & Education).
- A proven excellent customer service record.
- Enjoys and is passionate in working with children and adults.
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and energy.
- The ability to work within and support team members.
- Act as a positive role model throughout the season.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility within role and to change location as per business needs.
- Satisfactory receipt of criminal records check.
- NaRS Pool Helper Certificate.
- BSAC Snorkel Instructor Certificate.
- GNAS (Grand National Archers Society) certificate.
- Relevant First Aid Qualifications.
- Previous experience in the delivery of children’s and crche activities.
What We Can Offer You
- Seasonal contract
- Shared subsidised accommodation (own bedroom) and an optional food scheme
- Full training
- Development opportunities within both JCA and other TUI Travel PLC companies (pending successful performance in this introductory role and your personal suitability)
- Friends and family discount
- Employee discount scheme with access to discounts from a selection of retailers
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Job Division: Specialist & Activity
Location: Spain and the Islands
Your application for ‘Overseas Creche Nanny - 2014’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!