Did you mean "administrator"?
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Hot Recruitment Consultants
- From £18,000 to £21,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Our client is a beautiful privately owned 4 star Award Winning hotel and an excellent opportunity has arisen for an IT Administrator in Newquay, Cornwall to be responsible for the day to day support of the IT systems throughout the Hotel.
Our client is a landmark hotel on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives. A strong ethos of customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel's success in recent years.
They are a privately owned 4 star hotel; 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages on the north Cornish coast and a superb new Spa which has only recently opened.
As an IT Administrator you will supervise the IT Department to ensure the quality and delivery of IT systems for both the hotel and its Guests. These efforts will be fulfilled timely, within budget, and in accordance with IT operating standards.
* Ensure consistently strong operational support for all internal hotel IT systems and users minimizing any system outages.
* Maintain excellent product knowledge and apply it to deliver full system benefits.
* Understand, fully, the legal requirement on IT governance and security.
* Identify current and future system needs and provide solutions for the identified need.
* To attend Out Of Hours support phone calls.
* Build strong internal working relationships with all hotel Departments.
* Ensuring all computer systems and networks provide an effective and uninterrupted service to the hotel operation.
* Performing hardware and software maintenance duties.
* Providing competent technical assistance and advice.
* Assisting with the implementation of Contingency Planning, Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures.
* To co-ordinate and/or carry out IT training initiatives.
* It is expected that the IT Administrator will spend a minimum of 80% of their time assisting hotel employees with IT related matters.
What we need from you
* Relevant hands-on experience in workstation maintenance.
* Excellent IT, organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Understanding of complex information and requirements.
* Good evaluation and prioritisation skills, being flexible enough to adapt plans.
* Good communications skills - written and verbal.
* A good team-playing mentality.
* Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
* Able to lift and carry heavy loads when required.
* Experience of all Microsoft systems and hotel applications, such as Fidelio, Micros and Protel - preferred.
No matter what the project is, as IT Administrator you will be responsible for a lot of the planning, justification and evaluation. You will spend most of your time on the following tasks:
* Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these through the project.
* Adjusting the plans where needed.
* Making sure there is a smooth change over from the old system to the new one.
* Keeping management updated on progress.
* Evaluation of each project stage and once completed.
What our client can offer you...
They have a beautiful hotel in a world class location and it is their fantastic team of staff that makes them truly unique. They were the first company in Cornwall to receive the Investors in People award and the first hotel in Cornwall to be awarded Gold!
This is a full time, permanent position to include evenings and weekends and for the role of IT Administrator you will receive:
* Basic salary £18,000 to £21,000 per annum depending on experience
* Complimentary staff food on duty
* Use of the leisure facilities
* Membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme
* Long service scheme including extra days of holiday once you have completed just one year of service
* Annual awards dinners for those who have completed five years or more.
How to apply
Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV may be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
Applications will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience with dates of employment. You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hotel, Leisure, Travel, Tourism, it, information technology, computing, networks,
- Hot Recruitment
Your application for ‘IT ADMNISTRATOR’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!