1 related match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Capstone Recruitment
- From £26,000 to £28,000 per year + Plus Overtime
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Mobile Engineer –Launceston Region (Cornwall)
Greystone, Launceston, Cornwall
My client is recruiting for a Mobile Engineer to carry out inspections, scheduled and unscheduled repairs to Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME), and ancillary assets, on customer’s sites.
To liaise with the Managed Service Centre to ensure that all relevant information is captured on my client’s Management Information System (MIS).
Qualifications & Requirements
• Significant experience with heavy plant and equipment engineering in the quarrying and aggregates, or allied, industry. Ideally, as a time served plant engineer in both the workshop and field.
• Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles as they affect the owning and operating costs of equipment.
• Experience of working within quality accreditation standards.
• Experience of a working within a culturally strong SHEQ culture.
• Knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment rules and legislation.
• Good technical knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment.
• Good knowledge of equipment operating costs, and the important part that effective condition monitoring plays in reducing same.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships.
• Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation in a mobile equipment environment and its application.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to act as a credible advocate for the Company.
• Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and maximise opportunities.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
• Results driven and strives to exceed expectations.
• Works in the interest of the business, not just own area.
• Takes a positive and pro-active approach to problem solving.
• Assist with the promotion of safe working practices, the development/maintenance of a culture in which health and safety is everyone’s key priority, and work to eliminate accidents in accordance with the “Home Safe Every Day” philosophy.
• Ensure that individual endeavors in the field of health and safety are consistent with, and compliment, those being undertaken by the customer.
• Comply with both our client and customer’s Safety Health Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards and site rules at all times.
• Work closely with the Service Supervisor to support the planning of tasks, continually improve maintenance strategies, and manage local consumable and parts stocks (where appropriate).
• Carry out periodic scheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, and in accordance with our client’s forward servicing schedule.
• Carry out fault diagnosis and unscheduled maintenance in line with OEM and industry best practice, ensuring tasks are prioritised to maximise equipment availability for the customer.
• Ensure that backlog repairs are captured and reported to the MSC such that they are planned as appropriate and carried out at next most suitable maintenance intervention.
• Ensure that oils and fluids samples are expedited in a safe and efficient manner such that their interpretation can drive a condition monitoring methodology as required of the project.
• Ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment are calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose as required by industry best practice and legislation.
• Ensure that industry best practice is adhered to in respect to contamination control.
• Act in professional and courteous manner at all times as befits a representative of our client’s business.
• Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required.
• Recognised construction plant and equipment qualification
- Nikki Cross
Your application for ‘Field Service / Mobile Engineer / Heavy Plant’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!