1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Net-Recruit.co.uk Ltd
- From £38,000 to £43,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
Salary: £38,000 to £43,000
Our client is a leading global supplier of security inspection systems. Since 1993, they have installed over 70,000 products in more than 100 countries. Their systems are in use at airports, government and corporate buildings, postal facilities, military zones, sea ports and border crossings. With their experience, dedication and customer support, they provide innovative and dependable security solutions to their customers worldwide.
To ensure all products are consistently manufactured to specification, generating timely BOM’s and manufacturing drawings from engineering drawings for complex systems including hydraulically actuated booms, fabricated structures, sheet metalwork and machined components. Designing and developing any tools and fixtures required within the manufacturing process, to ensure consistent and repeatable manufacturing processes are achieved.
• Be responsible for generating and maintaining Production BOM’s, Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Working practices.
• Responsible for the ECR/ECN process for changes to manufacturing drawings and detailed schematics.
• Responsible for recommending shopfloor layouts to ensure optimum workflow.
• Liaising with R&D and engineering departments to ensure all requirements and standards are fully understood.
• Be a key player in the ‘new product introduction’ process ensuring a smooth transition into Manufacture.
• Be responsible for producing mechanical designs for any Production tools and fixtures required within manufacturing.
• Operate in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001audited quality system.
• Provide technical support to Production, Sales, Service and Customer Support.
• To understand and apply relevant design, regulatory and industry standards.
Experience and Attributes:
• Because of the specific nature of both product and processes it is essential that this individual has an excellent grasp of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
• Good understanding of welding, fabricating and assembly methods
• The appointed individual must continually strive for technical excellence and must have the correct mind-set to grasp issues surrounding engineering (and ideally production processes).
• Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment is preferred.
• Experience of Six-Sigma/LEAN methodology and application is desirable.
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications:
• A degree in an engineering discipline is preferred, although equivalent industrial experience will be considered.
• Able to multi-task, plan accurately and subsequently adhere to that plan. The ability and experience of having delivered on time and to a specification is also a ‘must have’. Lead time focused to successfully and reliably meet targets and deadlines.
• In terms of personal attributes this individual must be a self-starter with the ability to organise and prioritise work, and to communicate clearly with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
If interested in this position, simply apply via the button shown.
Please note: If candidates do not hear within 21 days they should assume that they have been unsuccessful.
- Candidate Services
Your application for ‘Manufacturing Engineer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!