Hot Recruitment Consultants
From £20,250 to £22,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
Our client is a Multi Award winning luxury Cornish Coastal Hotel and they are looking for a real peoples' person to join their amazing team where you will be the Children's Activity Club Deputy Manager for half the year and the Guest Relations Manager for the other six months.
Our client is one of the most family friendly hotels in Cornwall, with stunning ocean views across the Atlantic and breath taking coastline.
They are an award winning privately owned 4 star hotel with 101 rooms and suites, sensational award winning Restaurants, a Spa, great leisure facilities and Ofsted inspected children's activity clubs.
In this lively and interesting role, during high season (around 26 weeks) you will use your vitality and enthusiasm to be the Children's Activity Club Deputy Manager. The remaining 6 months will see you as Guest Relations Manager and ambassador for this wonderful brand.
As Deputy Manager in the Children's Activity Clubs you will be focussing on Outdoor Adventure and Sports, to help ensure the activity clubs are fun, active, innovative, well organised, safe and enjoyable for all their young guests. Our client is looking for someone who is able to come up with new ideas and develop their reputation as a leader in the field of children's holiday clubs.
* You will specialise in designing and leading a range of exciting activities such as bivvy building, outdoor survival skills including fire lighting, adventure assault course building, outdoor sports, treasure quests and beach fun.
* You will be expected to use materials sustainably and develop awareness of sustainability where practical. Health and safety is vital and you would therefore need an awareness of health & safety risk assessment and be able to successfully manage any risks whilst maintaining the provision of exciting opportunities for experimentation and new experiences.
* We will be looking for someone who is not easily daunted by poor weather conditions and who must be able to create and deliver a variety of severe wet weather alternatives.
* You will be focussing on the 8+ age range but as our client caters for babies and children up to 12 years old, you will need to be able to care for the needs of children of all ages. You will need to be confident to get down to their level (whether it be rolling around with the babies, leading a club of head-strong 'almost' teens and everything in between) and in communicating with parents.
* As a minimum, you will need to hold an NVQ or CACHE Level 3 playwork or equivalent qualification which allows you to supervise staff and young children.
* You must be flexible in the days and hours you can work and you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
* Ideally you will have been at least a Supervisor in a similar setting. You must be able to inspire your team to deliver fantastic experiences to our guests.
* Able to promote the huge range of facilities and services the Hotel and the local area have to offer.
* Embrace the principles of sustainability and wellbeing both personally and professionally.
Our client has a culture of care, acting with conscience and having fun. If this sounds good to you we would love to hear from you.
For the role of Children's Activity Club / Guest Relations Manager there is on offer:
* A salary of £20,250 per annum
* Free meals whilst on duty
* Free experience of our clients' Restaurant and Rooms
* Challenge based Development Grant towards non-work-related personal development
* One additional day annual leave following one year's service
* 3% matched company contribution to the pension scheme after 1 year of service
* Cashback health cover scheme
* Live-in accommodation (dependant on availability)
How to apply
Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV may be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hotel, hospitality, children, clubs, activity, guest relations, leisure, holiday, reception, concierge, front of house, duty manager,