Job Title: Catering Assistant Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex Salary: £7.11 per Hour
Our client based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex is currently looking for a part time catering assistant to join their team, providing an exceptional catering service to residents in their friendly community. The role is 20 Hours per Week, with extra hours available to cover for absence on an as required basis.
They are close to Haywards Heath town centre and near to the towns of Burgess Hill and Crawley. They are a forward thinking not for profit Housing Association who provides quality, affordable housing and care services for older people across Sussex.
This role assists the Chef Manager in providing a comprehensive catering service to residents at their home. The candidate will be able to work well in a team, have good communication skills, the ability to demonstrate safe practices and a level 2 in food and hygiene.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Assist in the preparation of meals to residents and staff within the home, in accordance with instructions from the Chef. - Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance, ensuring the correct uniform is worn whilst on duty. - Carry out duties in accordance with the Chef's instructions and the rota. - Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen area and utensils is maintained. - Ensure the security of stock items held on the premises. - Ensure the security of the kitchen area, especially if the last to leave the area. - Attend all fire, emergency aid, lifting and manual handling and food handling and hygiene training / updates, along with any planned training. - Be aware of, and comply with, all statutory and company regulations concerning hygiene, health and safety of staff, food and equipment and kitchen practices. - Assist in maintaining a high standard of service to the residents. - Report any problems within the kitchen to the Chef as soon as possible.
In return they offer £7.11 per Hour, 22 Days Annual Leave per Year plus 8 Days Bank Holidays pro rata, Free Uniform, Training and Meals on Duty.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Closing Date: 17 April 2014.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
From £372 to £1,147 per month + onsite accommodation, meals package, free uniform
Hospitality and Support Roles
Salary: £372 - £1147 per month
Looking for a new challenge? With fantastic opportunities in hospitality and support roles – you could join the team at one of 24 stunning activity centres across the UK, France and Spain and start straight away!
PGL is the UK's leading provider of residential activity holidays and educational study courses for young people. Operating 24 centres across the UK, France and Spain, giving more than 400,000 young guests an experience to remember each year!
PGL has a wide range of hospitality and support roles suit any level of experience with development opportunities and amazing apprenticeships.
Catering roles: PGL has a wide range of catering jobs from Catering Assistants to Head Chef to suit any level of experience.
We're not necessarily looking for people with masses of experience for a Catering Assistant role but we welcome applications from people who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and an interest in starting their careers on a PGL foundation programme. Many of our Head Chefs joined us in this role, progressing to their present roles as a result of our Apprenticeship programme and development opportunities.
This role offers the perfect chance to kick start your a career in catering even with no previous experience - we provide all the necessary training. You will work under the direction of your Chef or Head Chef, preparing and serving food to our guests as well as cleaning the dining and food preparation facilities after use. We attempt to use as many fresh ingredients in our dishes as possible and have a healthy eating charter to compliment the active nature of our holidays.
Other roles allow you to bring your previous experience and continue your development in a unique and exciting environment.
Hospitality roles: We have great opportunities for anyone looking to gain experience or develop within the hospitality industry. This role offers individuals the chance to work as part of a highly motivated team, in a professional, friendly and supportive environment. No previous experience is necessary as we provide all the necessary training.
Our Housekeeping Teams prepare and maintain accommodation and communal areas to create a great first impression for our guests. We’re looking for Housekeeping Assistants to join our team from April 2014 and we have vacancies at a range of locations across the UK.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who can work well both as part of a team and independently to ensure our accommodation and communal areas exceed our guests’ expectations.
Support roles: Our guests have come to expect market-leading accommodation as well as amazing activities and fantastic food. Our Maintenance Teams are responsible for involves the upkeep and maintenance of the centres' guest and staff accommodation and facilities to create a great first impression for our guests.
This is your chance to join our team!
We are currently looking to recruit Maintenance Assistants on a fixed term contract to be based at one of our children's educational holiday centres in France or Spain.
Duties will include day-to-day maintenance issues reported by guests and staff and pro-active maintenance to reduce future problems. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for some of the essential auxiliary functions at the centre, including the site’s appearance, general upkeep and cleanliness.
As a Maintenance Assistant, you will play a crucial role to ensure the centre runs like clockwork and that the non-activity side of our guests’ stay exceeds their expectations.
Whilst training can be provided the following skills are essential:
The role of Maintenance Assistant offers great scope for personal development in a supportive environment.
Staff Package: We offer a competitive wage, paid monthly, meals and on-site accommodation provided, access to training and development opportunities and a free staff uniform that reflects your job role, location and contract length. If you are working in France or Spain we also provide return transport from a UK departure point as part of your employment package.
This is a residential job role with staff accommodation provided on centre and is available at numerous locations across the UK, France and Spain.
What are you waiting for? If you can’t wait to start then you can join our 2014 team now.
How to apply... To apply for any of these roles all you need to do is click the 'Apply' button and sign up for a MyPGL account where you can fill in our simple application form.
***Unfortunately CV’s and cover letters are not accepted for this role, you will be redirected to PGL’s website where you can create an account and fill in their application form.***
Make a change and start a new challenge today...
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
Role: Catering Manager Location: Hammersmith W6 8DB Salary up to £25,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Catering Manager to join our busy catering team, for our prestigious 95 bed Nursing home in Hammersmith West London.
40 Hours per week, to be worked over 5 days out of 7, including weekends and bank holidays, with occasional evening cover for functions.
Scope Purpose of the role is to manage a team that is responsible to Cater for a large number of elderly residents with diverse dietary requirements ensuring the highest standards are maintained. You will have responsibilities which will include Budgetary and Stock control and Menu Planning. You will also have the responsibility of inducting and developing new staff.
Qualifications You will be qualified to a minimum City & Guilds standard 706/2 You will have obtained Level 3 (intermediate) food Hygiene qualifications
Experience You will have experience of managing a team of staff delivering high quality, nutritious meals. You must have previous experience in providing high quality food in a care environment, showing excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
You will also need to be an effective Manager and be IT Proficient
Trainer – Catering (Teacher, Assessor, Vocational) BLUA11067 HMP Maidstone, Kent Annualised Hours – 575 hours per year (12.5 hours a week) Salary: £21.92 per hour
Our client is currently the largest national provider of Offender Learning in the UK; their highly qualified employees are fully trained in security arrangements in order for them to deliver a responsive curriculum within prisons across England 52 weeks a year.
With this in mind they are currently recruiting for an Annualised Hours Trainer in Catering at HMP Maidstone.
The purpose of this role is to teach, develop and deliver high quality learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and standards. The role will involve the development of lesson plans based around curriculum best practice and quality targets and ensuring the safeguarding of learners.
The successful candidate will be offered an Annualised Hours contract, committing to 575 hours per academic year (working 12.5 hours per week over 46 weeks). This contract offers flexibility in the delivery of these hours, whilst providing you with 12 equal payments over the calendar year, holiday entitlement and eligibility to occupational sick pay.
Candidates must have at least 2 years’ experience in the relevant vocational area. Candidates must also be willing to work towards the relevant qualifications within the timescales specified in the role profile.
To succeed within this role, candidates will need to have a pragmatic and non-judgmental approach to their work and the flexibility to adapt to meet learner requirements when necessary.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd May 2014
Our client is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Please note that they request a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check for the successful candidate for this post.
Our client's residential care home in Bexhill, East Sussex is currently looking for a part time Kitchen Assistant to join their team, providing an exceptional catering service to residents in their friendly community for 26 hours per week.
Their residential care home is on the outskirts of Bexhill town centre and the home is run by a forward thinking not for profit Housing Association who provides quality, affordable housing and care services for older people across Sussex.
This role assists the Chef Manager in providing a comprehensive catering service to residents at the home. The candidate will be able to work well in a team, have good communication skills, the ability to demonstrate safe practices and a level 2 in food and hygiene.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Assist in the preparation of meals to residents and staff within the home, in accordance with instructions from the Chef.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance, ensuring the correct uniform is worn whilst on duty.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the Chef's instructions and the rota.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen area and utensils is maintained.
- Ensure the security of stock items held on the premises.
- Ensure the security of the kitchen area, especially if the last to leave the area.
- Attend all fire, emergency aid, lifting and manual handling and food handling and hygiene training / updates, along with any planned training.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all statutory and company regulations concerning hygiene, health and safety of staff, food and equipment and kitchen practices.
- Assist in maintaining a high standard of service to the residents.
- Report any problems within the kitchen to the Chef as soon as possible.
In return they offer £7.00 per hour, 22 days annual leave per year plus 8 days bank holidays pro rata, free uniform, training and meals on duty.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter. Further details on the job description will be sent out to the email address specified in your application.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Boost is looking for an Assistant Manager in Central London. Paying up to £20k if you are passionate about the customer experience, excited by sales and motivated by team development then this is the job for you.
Founded in Australia, Boost is now 12 years old, the largest International retail juice brand outside the USA with around 300 stores in 16 countries. We launched in the UK April 2007 in Manchester - which still remains one of our top 3 stores around the world - and have no plans to stop growing.
'We are fanatical about our product '
Position: Assistant Manager Location: Central London Salary: Up to £20k basic ROLE: Boost Juice Bars are now looking for an enthusiastic and focused Assistant Manager to help lead the team in their key store in Central London.
a) Driving sales and profit
b) Continual growth and development of the team.
c) Passionate about the customer experience: Always looking at ways to make this amazing.
c) Constantly maintaining operational standards.
d) Motivating and incentivising the team to maximise performance: Always looking at ways to make this amazing.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
a) Have lengthy proven experience in a similar role with a proven record of successfully managing teams in a food retail environment.
b) Can demonstrate skills in coaching and team motivation.
c) Have a track record of exceeding sales and profit targets.
d) Can deliver an amazing experience to customers both personally and through the team.
e) Reliable, a team player and an operationally hands on leader
f) Always ready to take on the next great challenge
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Store Manager, General Manager, Coffee Shop, Retail Manager, Bar Management, Food Retail, Catering Manager, Food and Beverage Sales, Fresh Food, Restaurant Manager, Hospitality , Supervisor, Team Leader etc
This fast paced multi channel retailer established in Fulham are looking to recruit a DIY Assistant Manager.
They have grown into one of the UK's largest independent stockists and distributors of quality professional hand and power tools, access and storage equipment, personal protective wear and related products.
They consist of two retail locations; on Fulham Road and Upper Richmond Road (Sheen), which are open to the general public as well as trade customers. The online division also supports the business activity through their website; which caters to customers all around the world that require quality products at a competitive price that are delivered on time and hosts a wide range of products which include products from top manufacturers including Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, and many more.
You will be required to actively support the Branch Manager in maximising the contribution by the branch through profitable sales, in line with business plans and overall company policy and strategy. To meet and exceed their customers’ expectations in terms of the efficiency of the service we provide.
Sales and Financials
- Deputising for the Branch Manager - Working with the Branch Manager to actively increase sales opportunities for new, lapsed and existing customers - Working with Junior Sales Assistants and Category Specialists to ensure that the stock is maintained in line with company policy. - Controlling the branch stock, via deliveries and the timely return of faulty/ damaged goods and ensuring up-to-date accurate stock records.
- Leading by example and representing the brands - Motivating the team to achieve the branch financial targets - Providing on the job training, guidance and coaching to all members of the team - Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met - Promoting good housekeeping within the branch and warehouse to provide a safe, professional environment. - Promoting responsible attitudes towards health & safety. - Ensuring active compliance with company policies within the branch. - Actively safeguarding company goods and property from theft or damage. - Willing to perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
In addition to the above mentioned responsibilities, an Assistant Manager must be able to perform the role of a Category Specialist for a minimum of 2 categories: -
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all products that can be used or are necessary for completing all tasks within a category: - By demonstrating substantial knowledge of products and brands associated with a given category - Being a brand ambassador for all brands associated with the category - Liaise, manage and control the relationship and business dealings between the organisation and the suppliers/ brands relevant to a said category by: - Dealing with the rep to negotiate pricing structure for retail and or wholesale - Negotiating payment terms and discounts associated with a supplier - Managing the account and providing support for both the web sales manager and accounts department - The individual will be responsible for the look and feel of the brand/ supplier range within the category in store and will have input on the appearance of the online said so category. - Manage the ongoing training and methodology for training for all new members and junior staff along with other category specialists and web based staff for the organisation - Take responsibility for the documentation of all training, shop floor display and category management - Be responsible for the turn over and margin produced by all brands associated with the category.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.