People Online Ltd
- Job term
- Job hours
Description: Java/Java Script Architect Required – Social/Health Care Software Solutions
£Competitive Basic Salary + Pension Scheme, Gym Membership and 30 days holiday
Our client is a market leader in providing Management and Finance Software in the UK with offices in London, Edinburgh, Sydney and Cochin. Such solutions are focused on such markets as Healthcare, Social Care and Children’s Services.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working as part of the architecture team to provide a clear architectural vision for mosaic, their flagship product. The technical vision for the future direction of mosaic requires defining and documenting to complement the existing business vision. Lower level artefacts and standards are in place but the product requires a higher level and longer term architecture definition and implementation.
- Providing clear technical vision will require you to help define and maintain architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases including both in-house development as well as third-party applications.
- Help create architectural artifacts including functional and technical designs for coding standards and practices, interfaces, interaction, data connection/mappings and coordinate their maintenance.
- Translate business requirements in the form of Epics and Stories if they originate from an internal stakeholder or more traditional requirements specification into technical requirements. Assist other team members implement solutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices. You will be working directly with and supporting the London mosaic agile development team. This will include assisting sprint definition, work estimation and technical risk management.
- Support development strategy and provide technical support for releases, continuous delivery and deployment platforms. Support testing at all levels including automation testing and aid realising continuous integration goals.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work closely with other architects, product owners, developers and testers. You will facilitate architectural discussion; guide the definition and enforcement of development practice as standards and processes.
- Involve pairing, mentoring and supporting the development team particularly as new frameworks, architectural structures are either in POC or early development stages.
- XML, HTML and CSS
- Web frameworks - Struts, Spring MVC or similar
- Unit testing – JUnit or TestNG, Jasmine, including use of mocking/spying
- Version control – svn, git or similar
- Expertise in enterprise n-tier portals involving Java/J2EE, security, Web 2.0 technologies, Portlet, SOAP/REST SOA, web service, application server architecture
- Expertise in large scale systems involving reporting, transactional systems, and integration with other enterprise systems.
- Strong Expertise in WebLogic server version 12c(12.1.1) or other J2EE compliant application server.
- Demonstrated expertise in agile project life-cycle management techniques such, Scrum, Test -Driven development
- Experience in the Social Care industry and/ or finance is a plus.
- Implementing enterprise mobile solutions with HTML5 or native iOS or Android platforms.
- Spring, iBatis/MyBatis, XForms
- Selenium WebDriver
- Exposure to virtualised development and testing environments
- Understanding and interest of the latest web technologies
The architect role is the key to the future direction and success of our client. The role requires leadership to take technical decisions and guide the technical direction of the product. The requirement to lead, mentor & develop others, make confident decisions whilst under pressure is crucial to the success of the role and in return will allow for unrivalled career progression.
To apply for the role of Java/Java Script Architect please forward your CV to [contact details removed] quoting ref: PO129A
This vacancy is being advertised by People Online Ltd. The services advertised by People Online Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: oracle, software, healthcare, social care, technician, IT, software engineer