1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Coleg Menai
- From £21,074 to £21,074 per year + 20 days holiday per annum and statutory bank holidays
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (in accordance with the UK Border Agency guidelines) to apply for this vacancy
GL Jones Playgrounds Ltd and The Menai Innovation, Coleg Menai aim to provide a fantastic career progression opportunity for a Manufacturing Production Engineer or a recent graduate.
They seek to recruit an individual with relevant manufacturing experience so as to work as part of a project team to develop and implement a total manufacturing information system within GL Jones Playgrounds Ltd.
The project will:
• Review the current management information systems focusing on improving and implementing a new business and manufacturing system.
• Evaluate the current MRP system and adapt it to increase efficiency and minimise waste.
• Develop and implement a manufacturing database for product scheduling, inventory management to create supply chain efficiencies.
Supported by management teams at GL Jones Playgrounds and Coleg Menai, the individual should possess excellent practical and technical skills and demonstrate leadership potential to implement a world class manufacturing systems within the company.
GL Jones Playgrounds is an award winning Designer, Manufacturer and Installers of innovative playground equipment for all ages and abilities. They have won major awards for excellence and innovation, including the prestigious Independent Living Award for ‘Product Innovation’ for their Ability Whirl. The Menai Innovation Centre offers technical support, NPD services and manufacturing support services to the manufacturing sector, based at Coleg Menai’s Llangefni campus.
The successful applicant will receive support, mentoring and a generous training budget as part of this 24 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP). The post is largely based at GL Jones Playgrounds site near Bethesda, Gwynedd, North Wales and is located within the picturesque Snowdonia National Park with access to hiking, rock climbing, watersports and many other activities.
GL Jones is about to embark on a challenging project over the next two years reviewing the current manufacturing systems, focusing on implementing new business and manufacturing systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of GL Jones project team and will play a pivotal role in the success of the project and the Company.
The KTP Associate will lead and facilitate the review and implementation of new business systems with particular emphasis on providing creative manufacturing systems to enable efficient and effective processes to emerge. It is expected that the following business processes will be addressed:
• Project planning, scheduling and resourcing
• Manufacturing systems integration
• Project costing and business management reporting
• Lean manufacturing processes
• Facilitate the review of existing business processes and manufacturing systems
• Lead the project to develop manufacturing systems and support new business processes. This will involve: conducting background research in to capabilities and limitations of existing systems
• Integrate existing systems and enhancing these where required to develop new processes
• Develop and review project plans
• Interface with suppliers and the company’s Management Team to ensure efficient and effective implementation of systems
• Work with people at all levels to review and re-engineer these processes in the context of the new manufacturing systems
• Make recommendations to senior management on improvements and implement change management actions and plans
The post holder will primarily be based in the host company but employed by Group Llandrillo Menai. The successful candidate will be expected to attend appropriate training as agreed with the supervisors which is linked to the project, and beneficial to their personal development.
• HND or Degree
• HND or Degree in a Manufacturing, Engineering, Information Technology related discipline
• HND or Degree obtained within the past five years
Knowledge & Experience:
• Work experience
• Understanding of MRP systems (Material Resource Planning systems)
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Excellent organisation skills and a flexible approach to prioritise work to meet deadlines and deliver results
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders
• Able to work in a team orientated collaborative environment with minimum supervision
• Analytic and problem solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Excellent IT skills
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides
• Ability to conduct research into operating systems and products as required
• The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh
• Clean, current UK driving licence
- Lisa Roberts
- 2 Year Contract
Your application for ‘Manufacturing Production Engineer - KTP’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!