IC Group Ltd
Competitive + to £55K + excellent benefits package
- Job term
- Job hours
Lead Firmware Engineer - Hybrid Memory Products - Manchester
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join a Global Semiconductor company - a world leading developer of Hybrid Memory Products and associated technologies - as a Lead Firmware Engineer, developing firmware for their next generation of memory products.
As a key Senior member of the development team, this is also very much a hands-on role and so your remit will include -
• Providing technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of engineers
• Applying broad application of principles, theories, and concepts within software design.
• Promoting good design principles such as code reuse, modularity and extensibility and mentor others in these principles
• Maintaining a good level of awareness of emerging technologies, frameworks and best practices
• Providing resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
• Analysing, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of low-level software/firmware that works directly with hardware
• Development of tools to modify/update/debug firmware components
• Analysis of HW/SW architectural choices;
• Programming in a real time, performance sensitive environment
• Support of QA team in bug fixing
• Contributing to the development of organization goals and objectives
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
As a Lead Firmware Engineer you will be required to design, develop, test, document, and analyse low level software/firmware running on a multitude of hardware appliances, dealing with board management firmware, BIOS/Option ROM, and SSD drive firmware and will include module development of new products as well as upgrades and enhancements or fixes to existing ones.
You will be required to design, write code, complete programming, develop and execute testing and debugging routines, document work and collaborate with SW and HW architects.
In order to be competent in this environment will need experience in the following areas:
• Proficiency in high level programming languages (C, C++,Java)
• Proficiency in and ability to learn new assembly languages (ARM, x86, SH8)
and also be able to demonstrate knowledge / experience in the following areas:
• Main networks protocols (FC, Ethernet, ..)
• PCIe gen 2.0 and gen 3.0 specification and driver programming
• SSD device, usage and problems
Experience of one or more of the following would be advantageous:
• Board Management Firmware
• BIOS/Option ROM/UEFI
• SSD Firmware including command parsing, FTL and wear levelling
• Knowledge of scripting languages – eg bash, perl, python, etc.
• Good knowledge of distributed revision control and source code management system (SCM) (GIT, SVN,…)
If you are a Senior or Lead Firmware Engineer and feel that you have the skills and experience that would make you a good applicant for this position, please get in touch with me, Mike Jenkins on - [contact details removed] or on [contact details removed] Key skills: software, firmware, bios, ssd, embedded, soft, device drivers, memory, PCIe, ROM, Assembler, arm, manchester, england, uk
IC Software - your first contact for Embedded, DSP & Software jobs.