From £47,000 to £52,000 per year + Available on request
- Job term
- Job hours
Role Title: Marketing Manager
Role Level: 4
Role Basis: Permanent
Reports to: COO
Responsible for: Marketing Executive
End Date: 06.05.14
Role Purpose: Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of Excelian’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The individual will lead the development and implementation of support materials as well as driving internal and external relationships with key stakeholders. Directs the efforts of the marketing team and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other areas of the business.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that will grow and enhance Excelian’s image and position within the marketplace, and facilitate internal and external communications;
• Continue to drive Excelian’s image and brand position, assure consistent communication of brand image internally, and assure communication of brand image to all constituencies;
• Coordinate the appearance of all of Excelian’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc;
• Develop, coordinate and oversee marketing campaigns and resource materials to assist in the marketing, communications and positioning of the Excelian brand;
• Ensure that Excelian regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends;
• Leads projects as assigned, such as marketing and special events;
• To develop content for all of Excelian external and internal PR, marketing, thought leadership and communications activity at both a corporate and practice level;
• To work closely with the COO and Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure the effective delivery of the required tasks;
• To develop the corporate identity and act as one of the company’s official ‘brand guardians’;
• Maintain and foster strategic relationships of the marketing agencies to build a more effective strategy that elevates the Excelian brand.
Organisational strategy and Interdependencies
• Work with senior management team to:
a. Develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace needs in line with the company’s direction
b. Input into the corporate and strategy plans
• Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are practiced throughout the company;
• Help formulate branding policies to ensure the integrity of the brand continues to grow and resonate in the market;
• Work with the Business Development Team and Account Managers regarding client and consultant relationships; customer, market and competitor insight; HR re internal communications and employee engagement; IT support re online and web based communications.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
A degree in a relevant discipline is essential.
• Client focus: understands clients’ businesses; identifies and understands the needs and objectives of clients, both on an individual and corporate basis; builds strong relationships to aid Excelian’s aim of being a trusted partner to the clients.
• Innovation and change: recognizes and responds positively to the need for change; creates and harnesses ideas and opportunities to achieve Excelian’s vision.
• Communication skills: expresses ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing; adjusts language, terminology and non-verbal communication as appropriate.
• Teamwork: works effectively with others; helps to build strong teams and networks.
• Personal leadership: realistically identifies own skills, experience, knowledge and other personal attributes; displays confidence and resilience.
• Results driven: knows how to get the work done most effectively; delivers a high quality service.
• Planning and organising: identifies and meets milestones; understands and articulates deliverables; assesses and mitigates risks; sticks to the scope of work and manages any changes.
• Analytical decision-making: identifies and solves problems using insight and experience to make good decisions; gathers relevant information, identifying important issues and drawing conclusions.
• Interpersonal skills: develops and uses a wide range of strategies to influence and persuade others; gains acceptance and commitment from others.
Qualifications/Desired Skills and Experience
• UK and Australian market experience;
• Strong Financial Services Industry experience;
• Experience in professional services;
• Knowledge of the trading systems and risk management areas within financial / commodities sectors ideally Murex, Openlink, Calypso, Grid Technology and High Performance Computing;
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities;
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, management, communication and personal sales skills;
• Experience developing and managing budgets;
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications;
• Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and SalesForce system
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams;
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
• Marketing, communications, campaign and event management skills;
• Experience of working closely with management and subject matter experts to develop and distribute thought leadership material;
• Ability to work with sales teams to develop Account based marketing strategies and collateral;
• Professional competence in and familiarity with digital and social media;
• Marketing / Business Degree.
• Significant experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, in Financial and/or Commodities Sectors.
• Managing a team
• Candid – gives robust professional advice with courtesy and discretion
• Self-starter – is able to work on own initiative
• Credible – gains and retains credibility with subject matter experts, peers, clients and media
• Team player – is committed to corporate success and works as a strong and supportive member of both formal and informal teams and networks, leading, delegating, and volunteering as appropriate
• Innovative – brings fresh thinking and ideas based on knowledge and evidence to improve efficiency and exploit opportunity
• Excellence – pays attention to detail and insists on excellence at all times
• Reliable – is consistent in behaviour and approach, leading corporate standards by example, in line with company values
• Professional – maintains excellent working relationships at all times and all levels
• Authoritative- has the professional experience and personal credibility to manage others and advise both senior and junior colleagues appropriately
• Our working day is normally 9am to 6pm, however Excelian would expect a flexible approach to working hours including out of hours contact with London HQ.
There is no requirement for travel in this role.