1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Coleg Menai
- From £19,120 to £19,120 per year
- Isle of Anglesey
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (in accordance with the UK Border Agency guidelines) to apply for this vacancy
Post: Food Technologist / Food Manufacturer (KITE Affiliate)
Unit: Food Technology Centre
Location: Plas Farm Ltd
Salary: Set Point: (£19,120 per annum)
Closing Date: 20th December 2013
Plas Farm Ltd. and The Food Technology Centre, Coleg Menai seek to recruit a graduate or person with relevant experience from the food industry, with a strong interest in quality management systems, excellent practical/technical skills and leadership potential.
Plas Farm is an award winning manufacturer of ice cream and frozen yoghurt to the food service market. The Food Technology Centre offers technical support, NPD services and training to the food industry.
The successful applicant will receive support and training as part of this 12 month Knowledge, Innovation, Technology Exchange Programme (KITE), largely based at Plas Farm, Gaerwen, Anglesey, North Wales.
The successful candidate will ideally be a graduate with a minimum of HND in a food subject. He/She will have a practical approach, with excellent communication skills, and must be motivated to achieve targets in an industrial environment. An interest in, and knowledge of, HACCP and BRC or ISO 22000 would be an advantage.
This post will enable Plas Farm Ltd to review the current quality management systems at Plas Farm Ltd. aiming to further extend the company’s technical systems to realise the opportunities presented by new UK & Export markets.
• To critically review current quality systems in the organisation
• To identify requirements to meet ISO 22000
• Upgrade technical systems to meet the requirements of third party audit (Including BRC issue 6)
• To support in training staff to follow the requirements of any revised systems
• Review and upgrade the current NPD procedures
• Identify business requirements in order to gain Halal and/or Kosher certification
• Review final product labels and specifications in line with UK and international requirements
• A minimum of HND or Degree
• Experience at a supervisory level within the food industry within quality assurance, new product development, or production.
• HND or Degree in a discipline such Food Technology, Food Science or Microbiology
• An understanding of ‘Quality Management’ systems in food manufacturing
• Work experience
• Relevant industrial experience within the food manufacturing industry.
• Understanding of food safety statutory requirements and their impact upon the working environment.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent organisation skills and a flexible approach to prioritise work to meet deadlines and deliver results
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders
• Able to work in a team orientated collaborative environment with minimum supervision
• Analytic and problem solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
• The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh
• Clean, current UK driving licence
- Lisa Roberts
- 1 Year
Your application for ‘Food Technologist / Food Manufacturer (KITE)’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!