1 related match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Simplified Recruitment
- From £7 to £7 per hour
- East Sussex
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Location: Bexhill, County of East Sussex
Salary: £7.00 per Hour
Our client's residential care home in Bexhill, East Sussex is currently looking for a Domestic Assistant to join their team, providing an exceptional service to residents in their friendly community for 15 hours per week, including some weekends.
Their residential care home is on the outskirts of Bexhill town centre and the home is run by a forward thinking not for profit Housing Association who provides quality, affordable housing and care services for older people across Sussex.
This role involves providing a high standard of cleanliness and appearance to the home, as well as cleaning and laundering all linin and residents' clothing. The candidate will be able to work well in a team, have good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate safe practices.
The key tasks of the role are to:
- Undertake work in designated areas as prescribed on a rotating basis.
- Vacuum residents' rooms, corridors and communal areas.
- Clean all allocated areas including furniture, fittings, fabric, and equipment.
- Clean behind and under at least two residents' beds per day (with assistance in moving beds).
- Clean toilets, basins, en-suites and bathrooms with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation.
- Ensure paint-work, door surrounds and skirting boards are kept free of dust and cleaned.
- Remove objects during dusting, replacing in previous position.
- Empty waste paper bins, disposing of contents in black bags in the waste bin area.
- Ensure waste paper bins are thoroughly cleaned before re-lining.
- Refill liquids, toilet paper and cloths as necessary.
- Shampoo carpets as necessary.
- Spring clean rooms as they become empty or as requested by the housekeeper.
- Ensure that the storage area for cleaning materials being used, is kept safe, tidy and locked at all times.
- Report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance.
In return they offer £7.00 per hour, 22 days annual leave per year plus 8 days bank holidays pro rata, free uniform, training and meals on duty.
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter. Further details on the job description will be sent out to the email address specified in your application.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
- Simplified Recruitment
Your application for ‘Domestic Assistant’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!