Capgemini Financial Services UK Limited
Up to £100,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
• We’re looking for a Senior Data Modeler to design and implement the Data Architecture on the build out a new technology platform for Liquidity Management, which is heavily reliant on optimized, quality, standardized, data for Reporting & Analysis, Scenario Modeling, Forecasting and Performance Management.
• The role will act as the primary design authority for realizing the data architecture in the system.
• The role will achieve this by working closely with the Data Architect and broader development team to ensure our data is designed, implemented and used consistently in the platform according to the Data Architecture for the Funding & Liquidity domain.
• The person is responsible for creating and maintaining the metadata related to a model and for ensuring that the models are designed in a way that fits the requirements, but that also meets the strategic goals of the both the immediate Liquidity Management business unit and the broader firms Enterprise goals.
• They must ensure reuse and consistency of the models, in addition to maintaining the Enterprise Modeling Standards. They will analyze potential data sources to verify definitions and to assess the quality of the data.
• They will work with the business partners and business analysts to create models and to guide the development team in terms of data integration requirements
• They will conduct and participate in model reviews with the Data Architect, ensuring that models accurately reflect the business rules and policies to satisfy the business requirements and produce standard reports and deliverables to communicate with project teams and business users.
• They will participate and provide guidance and feedback in physical design reviews and catalog models and metadata for easy updates and retrieval.
• They will develop, maintain, and apply standards for enterprise modeling, including reviews, naming conventions and XML naming standards.
• This person should have a passion for data, a structured top-down approach, an eye for detail and accuracy, and a knack for translating logical and conceptual discussions into tangible implementation.
Primary role responsibilities: The person requires a number of disciplines as part of this role:
• Shows leadership and continually reinforces the principle that logical data models are a business-focused deliverable. The business actively participates in the creation, review, and evangelism for these architectural blueprints of their information vision.
• Ability to think logically and methodically and develop a step by step process to analyze data
• Ability to think in terms of entities and relationships and trace business functions through relational databases
• Understands data model patterns and the appropriate use of each depending on the type of IT Solution.
• Applies data standards and data conformance rules in creation of models to facilitate consumption of data by other applications and systems.
• Captures and translates data and their relationships in form of a blueprint for construction or re-engineering of IT Solutions.
• Establishes or continues to enhance a robust Meta Data Repository
• Manages the Logical and Physical Data Structure change control coordination
• Enforces a Model Management process that supports collaborative data model development
• Provide supporting documentation of models to ensure understanding and appropriate use of data structures within the IT Solution.
• Provides input to or is accountable for the data mapping of source of record to target data structure
• Prepared for change, and has patience with business partners who are attempting to understand a new paradigm for analysis and decision making.
• The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level
• Works well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by identifying opportunities and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer
• Computer Science degree
• Minimum 5 years Data Modeling experience in a financial environment
• Expert at industry accepted warehousing methodologies i.e. Kimball, Inmon etc.
• Expert working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+, Transaction SQL and MS Analysis Services
• Ability to act effectively as a team or project leader
• Ability to effectively engage and work with a global team
• Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and oral
• Ability to operate in a production environment as well as manage time for creative thinking/development work
• Expert understanding of the key concepts of data modeling
• Experienced with leading interactive sessions and driving out data architecture topics
• Experience with Architecture & Modeling tooling i.e. CA Erwin, Sybase Powerdesigner, MS SQL Server Management Studio, Sparx Enterprise Architect etc.
• Experience of Event Driven paradigms a plus
• Experience in NoSQL and Big Data paradigms a plus
• Knowledge of IBM or equivalent Business Glossary Desired
• Finance or Treasury preferred