Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Recruitment Genius
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
A Research and Development Engineer is required to join a leading media and device testing specialist, operating globally with testing facilities in the UK and Hong Kong.
Their extensive portfolio of products and services provide complete testing solutions to manufacturers, broadcasters, operators and related media and device supply chains. These include conformance and certification testing for standards and operator regimes. They also specialise in providing test tools and professional services to enable operators and broadcasters to specify and build cost-effective video delivery test solutions.
This position is based in central Bristol and is a fantastic opportunity to get hands on with cutting edge technology, often well in advance of its appearance on the consumer market.
You will be responsible for conducting research into current trends,technologies in the new and exciting domain of Home Gateway devices - and developing services and/or products that result from the findings of that research. You will need to rapidly understand and apply a number of technology standards that are used in devices today and of the future.
The role involves research; in particular identifying sources of information about technologies, understanding their commercial context, cataloguing and cross referencing that information in a searchable way.
It will also involve development; based on the recommendations and outputs from the research you will develop and validate test services, tools, automated test environments, test suites and test procedures to provide interoperability solutions for home gateways.
You will need to demonstrate flexibility in approach and be willing to assist with all aspects of the research and development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, documentation, verification, validation and helping with maintenance and support.
This role may involve some European travel and interaction with their customers and other key players in the industry at a technical and sometimes commercial level.
- Masters or other post-graduate certificate/degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience of both research and development on software or software based projects, preferably outside of an educational environment.
- Experience of testing software, such as writing manual test cases or automated tests.
- Ability to analyse a technical device specification and understand how implementations of that specification could be tested (test analysis).
- Knowledge of home networking, home gateway devices, security, smart devices, internet-of-things, distributed audio/video and content protection/distribution.
- Knowledge of media formats, e.g. MPEG, H264, AAC, Dolby Digital, and experience in creating, modifying and analysing such media files.
- No Contact
Your application for ‘Research and Development Engineer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!