Community Risk Systems Officer
£24,313 - £26,317 per annum
37 hours per week
Based at Worcester Fire Station
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Community Risk Department, based at Worcester Fire Station.
The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating and developing Community Risk databases to enable continuous development and enhancement of systems. The role will also contribute to the development of new departmental software systems as well as designing and delivering training to all front line users.
Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science,
- Significant experience of SQL programming
- Knowledge and experience of IT systems, databases and software including spread sheets, Excel, Word and relevant applications.
- Significant experience gained in general administration.
- Significant experience of managing databases, and amending where appropriate.
- Experience of using finance systems.
- Experience of reviewing and implementing working practices and procedures;
- Experience of developing systems to support organisational activity;
- Experience of carrying out training to groups of individuals
- Experience of quality management processes.
- The ability to work as a team member.
- The ability to organise and prioritise a diverse workload, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- The ability to work unsupervised, and to exercise and rely on own judgment
- The ability to develop, maintain and manipulate spreadsheets and databases which includes financial data.
- The ability to produce statistical information to an accurate standard.
- The ability to convey technical information to all levels of staff in a manner that is easily understood
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact please Community Risk Support Manager Emma Roberts on (phone number removed). Closing date for applications is Sunday 26th May 2019