Salary: up to £19,247.40 (salary subject to qualifications and skills)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Based: Carrington Gardens, Humberston, Grimsby
Reference Number: LH224
Do you want to work for a company where you can make a difference?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our Leasehold Services Team, at Carrington Gardens, Humberston, Grimsby as a Scheme Manager. Our new Scheme Manager will be based on site at Carrington Gardens on a permanent basis.
Carrington Gardens offers a choice of one, two and three bedroom bungalows and one bedroom apartments designed exclusively for the over 55s. Enviably situated in the popular address of Humberston Avenue, and our new Scheme Manager will oversee the day-to-day running on the scheme.
As part of our Leasehold Services Team, we are looking for a professional and caring person to manage a development of retirement properties.
Key responsibilities of our Scheme Manager will be:
- To professionally manage the scheme designed for older persons, with specific responsibility in overseeing the general welfare of residents, dealing with emergencies, and encouraging the social welfare of our residents.
- Management of service delivery, with particular attention to housing management and maintenance issues.
- Actively support the promotion of property sales, whilst also informing the Central Control and Sales Team of any relevant changes to resident’s circumstances
We are looking for an approachable Scheme Manager, with the ability to demonstrate:
- A professional and friendly personality with a commitment to providing excellent customer care
- The ability to support residents’ needs and a willingness to work additional hours when required
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Strong competence in the use of Outlook, Word & Excel
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits including
- A competitive salary
- A contributory average salary Pension Scheme
- Generous paid annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and 3 additional concessionary days.
- A commitment to learning and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Company sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
Longhurst & Havelok homes is a member of the Longhurst Group. Longhurst Group is one of the UK’s leading housing providers, providing more than 22,500 homes across the Midlands and the East of England, and is a leading independent provider of care and support services.
Passionate about people and committed to its vision of ‘Improving Lives’, Longhurst Group does not stand still and has an exciting future ahead with ambitious growth plans for housing, care, support and community investment.
Everything we do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives.
At Longhurst & Havelok homes we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff and board members so we want to make sure that everyone feel supported and appreciated.
Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values we will continue to shape the future making a positive difference within our local communities, creating places where people want to live.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview, copies will not be taken.
Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from minority ethnic groups and people with disabilitiesand invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21st June 2019 (Midnight)
Interview Date: Tuesday, 11th July 2019
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON