Learning Designer (from Teacher to LD)
Learning Designer (from Teacher to LD)
If you’re ready to step out of the classroom and expand upon your skills to design outstanding learning in a commercial yet seriously creative environment, we may have just the opportunity for you!
You are already passionate about learning and love designing creative lessons which help your learners develop their skills, knowledge and confidence, but are you now thinking…what’s next?
We’re looking for an exceptional Learning Designer to join our award-winning team. The role is central to our business and focuses on the creation of imaginative learning solutions for the commercial world.
There are client meetings to attend, customer requirements to understand and turn into effective learning, creative solutions to develop, technologies to grasp, storyboards to write and other seriously creative teams to collaborate with and learn from on a daily basis.
As well as having a strong background in designing learning for the classroom, the perfect person for this role will be creative, passionate about learning, a true team player and a great communicator.
We’re looking for people who can:
- Design engaging learning activities which support learners’ development
- Lead client meetings to learn about new topics and identify learning needs and outcomes
- Write learning materials based on sound learning theories
- Design learning which meets the business need and is within the agreed learning times
- Pick up nuances in conversations
- Take ownership of their work
- Develop excellent working relationships
- Work collaboratively with other teams to bring learning journeys to life
- Present to a varied audience
- Work with and talk confidently and passionately about different topics/subject matters
- Design activities for different types of learner
- Research a topic and prioritise key messages
- Share and articulate information accurately in written and spoken form
Desired skills and attributes:
- A passion for learning
- A keen eye for detail
- An interest in working with technology to enhance learning
- Patience and perseverance when working on challenging, deadline driven projects
- Excited by the opportunity to absorb new aspects of learning
- Always looking to learn and grow
- Sees feedback as a positive and is willing to give constructive feedback to others
- A positive team collaborator
- Organised and self-motivated
In return you will have the opportunity to grow your career with a forward-thinking company focused on success. We’re a talented, committed team with a big challenge, a determined attitude and a supportive environment. You’ll not only receive great benefits and a competitive salary, you’ll be part of a company that’s seriously creative, and really going places.
We work closely with some of the biggest global brands to unleash the potential of their people and deliver better workplace performance through creative digital learning. By harnessing the power of creativity, we enable businesses to access a new world of interactive experience to enthuse their people while they learn. We work from concept through to delivery and recruit for roles across our creative production areas, sales and marketing, HR and finance. With a strong collaborative culture, and ambitious growth plans there has never been a better time to get seriously creative and join our team.
Perks of the job
We can offer you a number of great benefits. From the things you would expect like a pension, income protection and death in service, to the slightly unexpected, like a day off for your birthday or free breakfast every day. We love to socialise and have a team dedicated to arranging get togethers and events throughout the year.
If you’ve read this far then please keep going…apply today for an exciting, rewarding career at Sponge.
Send in your CV and inspire us with a cover letter sharing why you’re a perfect match for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Instructional Designer, E-Learning Designer, Digital Learning Designer, Course Designer, Digital Learning Consultant.