Salary Details: Circa £24,000 - £30,000 per annum
We've turned the traditional housing manager role on its head and developed this new position; a coaching approach to building relationships and working with customers. If you're local to the Worcester area and consider yourself to be an active member of your community, please read on.
We're looking for someone who believes in people and their potential to achieve more. You must be approachable and flexible, willing to have honest conversations that move people to action, and have excellent time management skills; being able to juggle loads of conflicting priorities and yet still achieve results. No matter what your background is it's these key experiences that we're looking for in this role, so if you feel you have these, this could be the ideal career move for you.
What's the role all about?
* Spending most of your time out on your patch, you'll be getting to know your customers and the local community. You'll need to be flexible and ready to work with your customers, when it's right for them "this is not a typical 9-5 role
* You'll help your customers see the impact and consequences of the decisions they make and the actions they take "including all aspects of managing their home
* You'll have honest and sometimes difficult conversations with your customers that will enable them to make informed choices and better equip them to deal with life's challenges
* You'll have a great profile in your community; proactively developing connections with various agencies, groups and businesses in the local area that might help your customers achieve what they want out of life.
Using the home as a springboard you'll use a coaching approach to help customers identify where they want to get to in life and how they can build on their strengths, gifts and talents to help them get there.
Do you stand out from the crowd? We want somebody who:
* Is curious and doesn't shy away from having difficult conversations
* Sees the best in people and has the capacity to coach (we offer training and 1-2-1 support for your progression as a coach)
* Is tenacious and resilient "who does what it takes to achieve the right outcome
* Has a track record of being self-motivated, flexible and able to manage their own workload
* Is a strong positive contributor even when the going gets tough
* Has a reputation for first rate influencing, negotiating and relationship building skills.
The ideal person will live in close proximity to the above location. A full driving licence is essential.
Click here to find out more about our coaching approach.
Closing date for applications 24th May.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we've merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We've set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
You can learn more about Bromford and what it's like to work here by visiting and following us on Glassdoor, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Not the right role for you? See our full list of vacancies here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application