PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Some careers open more doors than others.
Technology is rapidly changing, with customers wanting to interact more quickly and securely with their service providers. For HSBC Technology, the ability to deliver innovative technology, rapidly, continuously and safely, is at the heart of delivering the simpler, faster, better banking experience that our customers and colleagues expect.
The primary goal of ITID PPM Financial Management is to ensure the effective cost management across a large, complex change portfolio within ITID. The role is located within the central PPM Practice function in ITID Portfolio and Programme Management.
The PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant will report to the Head of Portfolio Services and does not have direct reports. The successful candidate will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes leading and participating in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
As Project Manager in the ITID CtB programme, the role holder will provide direct oversight of the programme(s)/ project(s)', financial and outcome accountability, reporting to a Portfolio Manager within ITID. In executing this role, the Project Manager will need to:
In this role, you will:
- Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
- Support the monthly reforecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
- Compile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
- Actively seek to minimise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
- Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
- Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
- Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
- Support the annual budgeting process as required
- Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
- Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on finanical planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
- Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) or accounting education at degree level with full understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and the forecasting of Cash and P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
- Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting of $50M+ in an IT department of a large, global corporation.
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent understanding of common project management terms and concepts
- Self-starter, dedicated and a team player.
- Organised and structured way of working.
- Ideally Banking experience.
- The role will be required to work UK hours.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.