Personal Tax Manager / Tax Accountant / Qualified Accountant
Job Title: Personal Tax Manager - Ref 547
Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Personal Tax Manager to provide personal tax, probate and trust services, including formation, administration, compliance and planning.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high net worth and diverse clients, ensuring efficient and timely administration of their taxation affairs and to assist the department with technical tax queries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collation of information in order to enable the preparation and submission to HMRC of clients tax returns and calculation of tax liabilities accordingly
- Provide advice to clients and investment managers regarding all tax related matters, to include interaction with complex financial structures as appropriate
- Efficient client handling by means of correspondence, telephone conversations, e-mails and/or at meetings
- Liaise with colleagues to relay or provide technical information and general advice as required
- To be able to plan and manage chargeable time effectively in order to achieve and meet critical deadlines. Regularly review work in progress and debtor control relating to own client portfolio
- Remain objective under pressure and continue to work productively and in a focussed way
- Present a positive and professional manner to clients, colleagues and professional contacts in order to market the services of the trust company at all times
- Adhere to all departmental procedures and support colleagues where appropriate and necessary
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Qualified individual with significant post qualification experience, CTA would be desirable but not essential
- A sound understanding of regulatory requirements and how they impact on their business
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain a high level of accuracy at all times with experience of working within agreed, strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills ideally gained within client facing role
- Ability to inspire trust in others by treating both clients and colleagues fairly and honestly, and maintain confidentiality at all times
- A company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Company share scheme
- Income protection
- Season ticket loans
- A range of other voluntary benefits
The Company is one of the UK's leading investment managers, they employ over 1,200 people across 15 locations in the UK and Jersey.
They began life as a family business and is now a FTSE 250 listed company, which through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of high-quality, personalised investment and wealth management services for private clients, charities and trustees.
With a rich history dating back to the 1740s, looking forward has carried them and their clients safely through many eras. They continue to move with the times, blending new ideas and bespoke technology with their long-standing investment experience and constant values.
Their success is based on delivering a highly professional and personal service to their clients. They believe this can only be achieved by having engaged and motivated employees with a diverse range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. Their employee strategy, policies and investment plans are all designed to achieve these goals.
Working at the company is more than a job for their employees and they offer a nurturing, development-led working environment with a competitive benefits package. Many of their employees are also shareholders, which is something that they will continue to encourage.
They are an equal opportunities employer and it is their policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and on merit regardless of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Tax Manager, Assistant Tax Manager, Private Client Manager, Trust Manager, Senior Tax Account, Qualified Tax Account, Personal Tax Planning Manager, Accountant, Senior Tax Adviser, Tax Auditor, Personal Tax Assistant Manager, Private Client Tax Manager, Personal Tax Accountant, HMRC, Tax Compliance Manager, CIMA, ACCA, CTA will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Personal Tax Manager / Tax Accountant / Qualified Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly