Junior Account Manager
An innovative, international and dynamic consultancy company are on the lookout for ambitious graduate to join their team as an Account Manager, working on clients business and products. This established and well-regarded boutique company boasts a relaxed, informal and lively atmosphere in a sought after, coastal Devon location some 300 meters from the beach.
This role offers a high quality of life and low living costs on the one hand with challenging projects, global clients and travel opportunities on the other.
About HRA Global
HRA Global is a leading boutique business in the international food and drink industry, offering services in marketing, research and consultancy, entering its 9 th year of business. We have been developing talent since 2011 and are a successful and expanding business with a growing global reputation.
We have a relaxed and informal culture and our relatively small team size makes us agile and able to tackle a variety of projects. Being full service (e.g. offering marketing, market research and consultancy) means we know what works in food and drink and having everything under one roof means we are easy for clients to deal with.
We are a focused team of professionals and for nine years we've worked with International food and drink clients on confidential projects. Clients are 50% international (the US, Australia and the EU) and 50% from the UK. Our projects include helping launch a new product into the US market, conducting market research into what consumers think of new flavour options, working on a company takeover or providing detailed research into a food or drink category.
The work is varied and no two projects are alike. The food and drink industry is the largest in the UK, employing 14% of the workforce and changes rapidly - products, prices, ranges and brands, they all change and adapt. FMCG is a challenging and yet very rewarding market and in our key areas of dairy, free from, organic, vegan, paleo, juice etc we are market leaders. We enjoy working on new and emerging health trends and being at the forefront of consumer demand helping our customers succeed in their markets.
You will work on confidential, time critical projects for clients which involve offering products for sale to supermarkets, wholesalers and internet retailers- for example pitching for own label manufacturing contracts as well as offering co-packing services to other manufacturer brands, or specific packaging innovations to manufacturing companies.
The role is made up of several different responsibilities, namely servicing existing business on behalf of clients (for instance managing supermarket buyers to agree listings, pricing, promotions and new products) 30%, approaching potential targets on behalf of customers through email, calls and face to face meetings 40% and building up a commercial and sales plan with contacts, communication strategy and marketing materials.
You will also be required to assist on Marketing & Brand Development projects where necessary.
Attributes - you will be able to relate to and evidence the following personal attributes.
- Organised and process driven approach - a thinker, planner and organiser with good administrative skills.
- IT literate and able to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communicator - on the phone
- Excellent written English - for emails and documents.
- Persistence and resilience - able to keep plugging away and get a result.
- An interest in the Food and Drink industry.
- Willingness to travel when necessary
This analytical role requires someone with an organised, methodical mind and ability to apply their knowledge and excellent written English to a Account Manager role. You will use an creative and determined approach to solve problems, supported by the wider team, and deliver tailor-made solutions. You will utilise your existing knowledge and experience whilst actively building upon it. You must be comfortable with number work and calculations but don't need to be a mathematician.
This is a great opportunity for the right graduate to expand the consultancy, gain national and international client-facing experience and develop an understanding of global food and drink market dynamics. Full training will be given.
Reporting to the Commercial and Marketing Consultant, your tasks will include:
- Researching the right targets e.g. supermarkets, wholesalers and manufacturing organisations.
- With the contact details established, reach out through email and networking to the target buyers and decision makers.
- Mapping and charting the progress made with all of the companies.
- Following up on interest and sending out marketing materials to prospects.
- Organising face to face meetings and following up on commercial discussions.
You will need to be able to work on your own on projects and take ownership of your work. You will need to use your initiative, be inquisitive and be willing to ask us questions. Ideally you will need to have an interest in the food industry and in grocery markets. You will also need to be organised and able to take on board any constructive feedback.
What you'll get
The company boasts an excellent working environment - right by the beach in South Devon where low living costs combine with a relaxed, outdoor focused lifestyle. The boutique environment allows every individual to make an impact and thrive in a high challenge, high support environment.
The team is full of staff who joined the business as graduates and have progressed, developing their skills and experience in a supportive environment. You will be supported not only by your line manager but also by the team, all of whom who have progressed through the business and gained experience, skills and knowledge. There is a clear career path at HRA marked with increasing responsibility, accountability and reward - you progress as fast as your skills and attitude allows and progression to Consultant, Senior Consultant and 'Head Of' is a clear career path.
The company will support you with training and skills development, including professional study as appropriate. You will be encouraged to widen your knowledge base and study for Professional qualifications. We will also support you with on the job coaching and mentoring and specific training if required e.g. presentation skills etc.
You will receive a full package of benefits that's competitive with and benchmarked to the top players in the industry.
You'll have a great work environment in a contemporary office, have supportive colleagues and management and will be part of a successful, hand-picked and high calibre team. We enjoy socialising and, especially in the summer, making the most of the great outdoors whenever possible.
If you're looking to build on your early graduate career with a company who invest and believe in the importance of their employees, don't miss this opportunity - apply today!
- Competitive salary of GBP20-21k (plus bonus of c15-20%)
- Regular socials and team events in a welcoming culture
- Excellent scope for progression
- Highly sought after, South Devon location next to the beach and close to Dartmoor
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme up to 15-20% of salary
- Generous holiday allowance building to 30 days plus public holidays
- Financial support for further study e.g. professional exams
What you need
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above
- An analytical, organisational, process-driven mindset
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in food and drink, shopper behaviour and market dynamics.
- Proven proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Outstanding written English
- An ability to assimilate new subjects quickly and a clear affinity with food and drink products (and wider FMCG), health and environmental trends and curiosity
- You will be able to quickly pick up and understand industry specific analysis skills in order to apply them to describe what is going on in grocery markets
- You will have a genuine desire to learn, develop and grow.
You will be happy to take on new challenges and immediate responsibility.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW.