Operations Engineer (Gas & Electric)
Role: Operations Engineer (Gas & Electric)
Location: Site Based and Home Based (Flexible to travel)
Salary: GBP - GBP + Company Car + Pension
Timely Recruit is recruiting Operations Engineer (Gas & Electric). Our client is looking to expand the team with a permanent full-time Operations Engineer (Gas and Electric).
The safety, performance and standards of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the gas and electric distribution networksis of paramount importance in this industry hence the need for the Operations Engineer/ Site Supervisor. Our client is looking to employ more than 1 employee for this role; which will depend on the transferable experience.
Why join this business:
- Part of a focused team committed to the efficient design, construction, operation and maintenance of compliant and safe gas and electricity distribution networks.
- An opportunity to enhance project management skills.
- An industry is a provider of innovative technology and services.
- As an Operations Engineer/ Site Supervisorthe position that will equip you to be an innovator, looking at improvements which can be implemented through processes.
- An opportunity for one who is willing to develop and enhance leadership skills.
- Development of customer service skills.
- An opportunity for continuous learning and self-development.
- Opportunity to rub shoulders with industry experts and a lot to be learnt from their expertise.
Please APPLY NOW
The Operations Engineer/ Site Supervisor is responsible for the management of all Electricity and Gas asset related matters within his or her remit, ensuring compliance with safety, operational and technical requirements including national, industry and internal policies, procedures and processes.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to give assurance that all company, industry and national requirements are understood by all UIPs/ICPs, Contractors and Service Providers and any non-conformity are managed.
- Provide assurance that assets being designed, installed, tested and commissioned are fit for business purpose, complying with Industry/Regulatory and Legislative Standards and requirements.
- Ensuring that service provider, Electricity and Gas Health and Safety requirements are suitable, sufficient and implemented.
- Providing data, information and reports through audit, inspection and review to enable Asset Management System objectives to be met.
- Participating in reviews and updates of the current operational procedures and technical requirements.
- Provide effective monitoring, operational support and guidance to ensure that asset to be adopted are constructed safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Management of supply and service contracts and oversight of any outsourced works.
- Carry out technical and safety audit/inspections pre and post construction for all assets, including suppliers.
- Undertake and support technical investigations e.g. interference damage, network incidents and other issues that may arise.
- Functionally test and check to ensure the competent deployment of people, plant and processes
- Participate in Safety Technical and Competency (STC) reviews of new and existing UIPs/ICPs, Contractors and other service providers.
- Manage customer complaints to satisfactory resolution.
Attributes and Experience
You must possess:
- Formal Engineering qualification to City & Guilds level required.
- Several years knowledge and experience of working in gas/electricity distribution networks including:
Operation and maintenance,
- Knowledge of the selection and procurement of materials used in the construction of gas and electric distribution networks.
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards, regulations, specifications and legislative requirements.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Recognised H&S qualification such as IOSH managing safely.
- Microsoft Office computer literate.
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Electricity and Gas Distribution networks
- Experience as a Site Operations Engineer Or Site Supervisor
If you meet these requirements and are interested to discuss the role, Please APPLY NOW!