Production Operative / Manufacturing Technician
Job Title: Productive Operative
Salary: £9 - £9 per hour + Westfield Health + Benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week: Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 16:00, Friday 7:00 - 13:00
The Company design and build products which are dedicated to supporting the postural needs of children with a wide range of disabilities. Their mission is to enable each and every child to have the best possible opportunity of a functional, pain-free future. To work in in partnership with the people who matter to make their society a better place for those with disabilities. To make a positive difference to their communities, by staying true to their vision and values and being an outstanding employer.
Due to continued growth they now have a fantastic opportunity for a reliable, organised and committed person to join their dedicated manufacturing facility based in Sheffield. The facility consists of various departments including Machine Shop, PU, Assembly, Metal Work, Stores & Despatch. The successful candidate would ideally have experience in the role and will join the team in the department which is the best fit for their skills and aspirations. Process & product training will be provided.
- Applying practical manufacturing skills to a range of production processes, working safely and efficiently
- Working from technical drawings, following instructions and undertaking safety and functional checks
- Assembling full, part products and accessories using various hand and power tools
- Understanding and working in line with industry leading Quality and Health & Safety standards.
Activities across departments:
- Processing Plywood, HDPE and Polypropylene parts using various machines
- PU Production
- Cutting and processing aluminium extrusion and steel using automated and manual tools
- Receiving and signing for goods
- Using a wide range of Packing and Despatch techniques
- With prior experience in a similar role and / or transferable skills, you will be a committed and motivated individual, able to follow instructions and work well as well as part of a team where everybody's contribution is essential to their success
- You are enthusiastic about work and have a positive 'can do' attitude, with adaptability to learn different work areas and manufacturing functions
- A practical and dexterous individual, you will demonstrate good aptitude for 'hands on' work and the use of hand tools. Good spatial awareness and reasoning skills. Some heavy lifting required
- You will be accurate, efficient, an excellent organiser of yourself and your work, able to work to deadlines, keen to learn new things with a flexible attitude to work
- You will have excellent reliability as a team member, committed to excellent levels of punctuality, attendance and getting along well with colleagues
- Sufficient numeracy and literacy skills are required to be able to follow Health & Safety and assembly instructions
What they can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary, they offer a great range of benefits & training opportunities tailored around their core values and designed to help you reach your full potential whilst feeling truly valued and appreciated for the work that you do.
As an "Investors in People" accredited employer, they aim to provide an environment where colleagues play an active part in the growth of the business. They offer a challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and be proud of their contribution to the important work that they do.
They are an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to the Disability Confident employer's scheme. And as such will review your application based solely on your skills, experience and potential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly Technician, Production Operative, Production Technician, Process Operator, Production Engineer, Assembly Operative, Assembly Line Operator, Process Operative, Manufacturing Operator, Production Operator, Production Coordinator may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Production Operative / Manufacturing Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly